2023 is nearly here

Hi everyone I hope you all have a lovely and creative new year. If you want some ideas for the new year some things are a mood blanket and/or pillow if you don’t want to use as much yarn. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I love seeing different variations of temperature blankets… Whether it’s a different type of project like a snake, scarf, or something else; or tracking something other than temperature- I’ve seen mood, sky, weather, and a few others

6 Likes

I know some people are just so creative I love all the ideas​:blush:

6 Likes

I think it would be fun to do a new stitch pattern each day, or maybe instead of different color, do predetermined stitch pattern?

6 Likes

I tried so hard to stick to a project I have to work on every day but each time it failed :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

One of my favorite projects I’ve ever done was a block a month CAL, we were given a selected 12" block, an alternative 12" block (I guess in case you didn’t like the selected one?), and a 6" block… I also had joined a group that did prayer square exchanges (you crochet it knit a 6" square while praying for the recipient, then you and the recipient exchange them)… So I added all of my received squares to my CAL (that I made all 3 squares, some doubled) into a huge afghan (King+ size, there is 1 row of 12" squares plus the border hanging off both sides of the queen size bed)

6 Likes

I tend do do great for a short while, then I have to do catch up at the end of a week or month haha

6 Likes

I really wanted to do a mood pillow this year but I know that I would completely forget for about a month or so​:joy:

6 Likes

This looks so cool!

5 Likes

I have an Halloween advent project I haven’t touched since October :rofl: I don’t think it will get out of retirement any time soon

4 Likes

Hmmmm, IT failed?

4 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

I refuse to accept responsibility for this failure :rofl: that’s why. I’m in denial

5 Likes

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

4 Likes

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

4 Likes

That’s such a great idea! And that thing is massive!

5 Likes

Thanks! It was fun to do, especially since I was just starting to expand my limited childhood knowledge of crochet… I really only knew 1 stitch (and thought BLO was the “norm” not a “specialty” st :woman_facepalming:t3:), so this year long project gave me the ability to learn new stitch patterns as well :grin:
I didn’t plan for it to be so massive, I was actually going to do a double thick (use solid colors on one side and variegated on the back), but I lost interest in making a second of every square and knew I’d have to come up with something for the squares I received… So I decided to just see what happened, but didn’t realize my job method was going to add so much… Live and learn…
But husband likes it so it all worked out :grin:

5 Likes

It’s always fun to do something big like this to learn new things! My first huge project was the mandala madness, and I had a lot of fun doing it because of all the different stitches! It ended up being about 6’ wide. I was going to continue on and turn it into a square through her pattern, but I was like, nah, it’s big enough now!

I love how we have these grand ideas at the beginning, and by the end, ‘what was I thinking!?!’ :laughing: like you said, live and learn!

2 Likes

More like at the middle or end (depends if stitches get boring) “”I’m sick of this”.

3 Likes

Hahaha yeah, that too! Half way there, ummm eff (excuse my French) this I’m not doing it. And you can’t make me!

3 Likes