3D or appliqué granny squares pattern

Looking for granny squares that have animals on them that “pop out”.
I saw a book called 3D granny squares but it had mixed reviews and I’m not paying $23-25 for a book that isn’t going to satisfy me at least 90%.

13 Likes

@AYarnofSerendipity has some, but I don’t know if they are 3D enough!

7 Likes

Maybe something like these: Spring Farm Granny Squares – The Cutest Farmhouse Animals to Crochet!

Raffaella has other themes too under Free Crochet Patterns > Crochet Granny Squares

9 Likes

I don’t know which you found, but I highly recommend this one (on pre-order)… It’s Ira Rott, who I mentioned before… 18 blocks and ideas and directions for things to make with them

9 Likes

I know what book you are talking about! If you have Kindle Unlimited, it’s one of the free Kindle books!

6 Likes

That is perfect! Yes, I checked out some of her patterns. Now, to talk to her about listing patterns on Ribblr. :wink:
Thanks for sharing everybody!! You all are great!!

8 Likes

@cacrate77
a review did state the kindle version was very good.

8 Likes

@Karametra
oh, her granny squares are adorable! thank you!

9 Likes

have you looked on line at the Half Price Book store? I have found knitting books I was looking for there. they are used books and most are in very good shape.

7 Likes

Found some more that may fit your request! (The snowman is free today in a blog hop)

7 Likes

I dunno what that is in pounds but that seems very expensive, I don’t really know any but good luck in finding them

5 Likes

23 USD is 19.48 GBP
25 USD is 21.17 GBP

Conversion tool!

(Edit: It already shifted slightly just as I posted those values.)

7 Likes

That’s really expensive for a book.

5 Likes

Thanks @Karametra ! i found her on Instagram and love her tips! Now I’m drooling over her patterns, some good ones are free.

6 Likes

I know - totally cute! Immediately thought of this thread when I saw it in the hop. :smiley:

6 Likes

Just looked it up. These are adorable!

3 Likes

i think @MilliesCrochetHouse has some (u do have to pay for them but im sure they’d be if really good quality) ill try and find some animal ones for u :blush:

4 Likes

I don’t have anything to add to the search, but there are used bookstores online, my go to is abebooks, mostly because of the information given in each offering. Kind of like old eBay, with not only the condition of the book, but ratings and reviews of the sellers and no surprise fees, and you get shipping updates and tracking numbers
Of course, there is always the library if you need to see the patterns before you decide to if it’s worth buying

4 Likes