A note regarding misinformation

Hi Ribblrs,
It was brought to our attention that misinformation regarding Ribblr was spread on social media. We apologize if you were disturbed by this.
We want to clarify that anything you own and post on Ribblr stays yours, as clearly stated in our Terms and Conditions:

We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions.

To simplify things, we’ve added the following clarification to our Terms and Conditions:

Consider this example: if you post your pattern on the Site we have permission to display it, promote it to other users, and feature it on our homepage. We can also make your pattern interactive with our unique features, such as translating it so that it attracts more users, enabling smart sizing and linking stitches tutorials so your pattern is easy to follow.

Being discredited by the spread of misinformation is not a pleasant thing, but we will continue to work hard and make sure we provide the best crafting experience and a home for all crafters, in a peaceful and respectful manner.
As always, we’re here for you. If you come across any misinformation or have any concerns please get in touch.

Thank you for your support and craft on! :purple_heart:

30 Likes

Damn!! So sorry this has happened to you! Haters gonna hate, and they try to take down others that are doing a good thing to try and make themselves look better. Just keep doing you, and continuing to provide great feedback and transparency. :heart:

16 Likes

Thank you @FlamingoStitcher for your kind words of encouragement and for your support.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why folks think they have to yuck someone else’s yum. For what it’s worth, I am enjoying my Ribblr experience. Thank you for providing an alternative crafting site/app.

11 Likes

Sadly I have seen some comments on Facebook from one person in particular. This is just too darned bad. Feel badly for you. This is a great place, very nice and peaceful as crafting should be. Please keep up the good work. It feels good to be here and these days, in USA, that is saying a great deal.

11 Likes

Thank you for the lovely words Katie! It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your experience. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you Janet! That means a lot. :purple_heart:
We’ve worked very hard to make sure Ribblr is a fun and positive place for all crafters and we will continue to do so.

4 Likes

Oh my, that’s tough ! I haven’t seen any of this on fb nor ig or anywhere else.
Unfortunately these things happen a lot on social media, but clearly people don’t know what they’re talking about and harm others. Whether they intended to or not. :frowning:

Well, I love this platform and I’m glad I joined ! I hope it will grow and bring more crafting pleasure to all of us !
Just continue where you left of, team Ribblr, and be confident. You’ve created a wonderful platform for all of us to enjoy ! :heart: :muscle:t2:

9 Likes

Thank you so much Marjan! We really appreciate your support! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I love this statement! Going to have to remember that one for a time when someone is raining on someone else’s parade!

6 Likes

I have been enjoying your platform so much that I have placed my community platform on hold (I still host my open Zoom rooms though.)
You guys are doing great an shall be successful in this endeavor/ labour of love.
Like any new platform there will be refinement over time and a few growing pains as is normal so don’t let it get to you. As far as misinformation etc… there are always people that feel the need to make others look bad in order for them to feel better about themselves.

Illegitimi non carborundum

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words Robert! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Where on earth do people get notions like this from?!
I’ve had nothing but good experiences in using Ribblr and interacting with the build team and other users. I hope the Ribblr trajectory keeps growing.

9 Likes

Having been on the receiving end of “misinformation” let me commend you on your high-road response. So far I am really appreciating Ribblr. You’re doing a fantastic job!

8 Likes

Thank you very much for your support! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I personally have not seen the misinformation, but I don’t doubt that it’s there for a second. If I were to speculate (and that’s all this is) it’s probably being generated in part by another “R” organization. And I second WyldePlumb in my admiration of you taking the high road and not pointing fingers, just being open and transparent, and working to make this platform the best it can be. It doesn’t have all the bells, whistles, and followers as another place does (YET!) but Rome wasn’t built in a day. Keep on doing what you’re doing, and good will keep flowing your way!

7 Likes

This site is awesome! Thanks for the clarification and keep up the good work! :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

No worries here. Everyone seems to have to go through some icky stuff, It usually starts from those that are nervous about something new, but they haven’t really looked into it. I have had nothing but a great experience on Ribblr.

8 Likes