Accessibility

When I reach the bottom of the screen when browsing patterns, there’s an animated bar that scrolls across. Even with the site’s “reduce motion” accessibility option switched on, it’s still animated.

The best option regarding accessibility would be for the default to be off, and the user has a play button to make it animate or scroll.

Regarding the issues it can cause, I have a vestibular disorder and it made me quite nauseous to see it unexpectedly.

5 Likes

Hi Sarah and welcome to Ribblr!
Thank you for the feedback. It’s important to us to make sure Ribblr is accessible for everyone. We’ve logged your feedback and we’ll work to improve that in the near future.

2 Likes

Hi again @anon83339277!
I believe this issue has been fixed!
Can you check if this has been resolved for you?

**Speaking of accessibility… I cannot read this site… pale lavender… **
Can I have some black on white please?

Hi Gwen, which text are you referring to?

0A46EA1560B34ED7873782569025D933.jpg

Thanks, we’ll take a note of your feedback to see if there’s anything our team can do. In the meantime, it’s possible to override font colors via your browser :slight_smile:

Please share this with your team.

Contrast between foreground color text and white background should be greater than or equal to 4.5:1 for small text and 3:1 for large text.

Sample I sent you contrast is 1.06, 2.16 respectively.

AEFBE8D20DBB4AA9BC82B73B0C9FB79D.jpg

#C1A3EB

#FFF5FF

“Provide good contrast. Make sure the contrast between the text and background is greater than or equal to 4.5:1 for small text and 3:1 for large text.

“ Test your color palette for accessible combinations with Accessible Color Palette Builder or Contrast Grid.

“ Measure the contrast between text and backgound colors with tools like WebAIM’s Color Contrast Checker or a Sketch plugin.

Exceptions:

“Color contrast ratio requirements apply to text and graphics that are essential for understanding the content or functionality. You don’t need to meet color contrast requirements for logos or incidental graphic elements.”

Accessibility dot gov

Still looking for an alternative to Ravelry

Gwen

We appreciate your input and the information! We’ve logged your feedback.

For increased contrast, please head over to your accessibility menu and check all the options, in particular we recommend the dark theme.

We’ve introduced many accessibility tools even prior to launching 6 months ago, and we’ll continue to make accessibility improvements, so once again thank you for your feedback.

You can message support@ribblr.com directly if you have any accessibility issues using Ribblr.

1 Like