Advanced Beginner

Hey! I’m new here, obviously (: I’ve picked up crocheting off and on for about a month now. I do enjoy it, however I am struggling to actually finish anything. What I mean, is I bought a ‘beginners’ set from etsy. It’s a cute lil strawberry that calls for a 6 stitch magic circle to begin with then advanced into an increased stitch/single stitch? Can anyone help me with how to do that? I’ve barely figured out the magic circle, but i can do it. I’m just struggling with the next part.

4 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr!! Do you mean it’s an increase, then a single crochet?

3 Likes

i think so? here’s the instructions that it gives me. Number 2 specifically

2 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! I’m sure you’ll love it :wink: A single crochet increase (SCI) is two (2) single crochets in one (1) stitch! I hope this helps : )

2 Likes

so can you explain in an easy way how to do that? youtube is making it so difficult for me to understand :joy:

2 Likes

My favorite way to learn a stitch (next to here on ribblr) is on dummies.com. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. :wink: This link should help you. If not, let us know. An increase is also written as inc or scinc. How to Increase with Single Crochet - dummies

3 Likes

So in one stitch-spot you make a stitch. Then you make another stitch in that same spot! :blush:

3 Likes

SCI just means you put 2 single crochet’s into the same stitch, when you do that all the way around it multiplies the 6 by 2 (since you put 2 sc’s in the same stitch) to 12 :+1:t2:

4 Likes

thank y’all so much! i’m gonna try again as soon as i can (:

3 Likes