AI genarated image awarness in crochet

hi guys!!!
so i was scrolling through YouTube and found this video that helps you identify AI generated images for crochet patterns

im not accusing anyone AT ALL
i just wanted to share this with you guys so you can be aware on websites like etsy, temu, etc
thank you

42 Likes

Omg ye i saw a pattern on etsy that was trending but it was clearly ai and all the reviews said so

11 Likes

Ai is EVERYWHERE
in the video the AI creates a pattern and an image for the pattern and its 2 diffrent things

9 Likes

i watched this like last week, and i saw one of those example ai images for sale on etsy

4 Likes

I seen a cow pattern that was cute or something on google but I clicked on the photo and the pattern was NOTHING like the photo. Ugh. :expressionless:

5 Likes

yeah i believe you

6 Likes

Oh yeah I saw a video similar to that about a month ago! Maybe the same one? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::smirk:

4 Likes

lol!!

4 Likes

my dad sent me this, fully believing it was real :expressionless::raised_hand:

“Lily’s next crochet project”

4 Likes

that’s so real tho, i can see my grandma sending me smth like that

4 Likes

like the longer you look the worse it gets :pensive:

2 Likes

fr, like some of those stitches aren’t even like possible

2 Likes

literally and the shadow :sob::sob:
also it has five legs

3 Likes

not to mention that one back leg is looking real funky​:sob::sob:

3 Likes

it has five legs and it is in the video

3 Likes

I didn’t watched the video lol

2 Likes

Another way you can tell is the stitches, the way they look and the direction they go in

1 Like

You can also tell if the pghotos look too perfect, or the lighting/setup is very ‘perfect’

3 Likes

Omg yes! I was on etsy and I saw these really cute patterns but then after looking closely at the pictures they were AI :sob:

3 Likes

That’s happening more and more everyday.

1 Like