Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Hey everyone! I just found Ribblr this past week and I’m trying to get the hang of it. I figured I’d reach out to the community and say hello and introduce myself.

Hi! I’m David! I created Dudeyarn on Instagram about a year ago! I have been crocheting since December of 2017. One huge accomplishment that I pride myself on is that I served in the United States Marine Corps. Strangely enough being a Marine led me to using crochet as a way to manage my anger and depression. I have a loving wife and a beautiful little girl… well I guess I cant say she’s so little anymore, she’s about to start kindergarten :scream:. My main goal with Dudeyarn was to create a safe space for myself as well as others to come to and feel free from whatever burdens we have while enjoying some really cool art. Recently I have hit 1,000 followers on both Instagram and Tiktok which is so exciting for me! I finally feel comfortable/confident enough to start releasing some of my own Dudeyarn original patterns. If there is anything I can do to help anyone out with learning how to crochet or anyone that just wants to stop by for a chat please feel free to reach out to me! I love replying to comments on all the socail media platforms.

14 Likes

Hi David, Welcome, and nice to meet you. I’m pretty new here also and just put on my first pattern. It’s in testing now. I love this platform and hope you do also. Looking forward to seeing your patterns as you list them. Are you on any alternate facebook sites? MeWe or Clouthub?
Marilyn

1 Like

Welcome to Ribblr David! Your story is really inspiring and we can’t wait to see your designs. We’re just starting out (launched 5 months ago!) and it’s great to see our community growing rapidly :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hi! nice to meet you as well! I think this platform is exciting! I’m in one called Stitched Up Community.

1 Like

So far the I’m really enjoying messing around with the pattern creator function. It’s a very exciting to be apart of this community.

2 Likes

Welcome! You are at home here. Very pleasant place.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for feedback and feel free to reach out if you need any help. Our team and the lovely people on the community are always happy to help.

2 Likes

I can’t get my head wrapped around how new this is. Very impressive. Looking forward to watching you grow.

2 Likes

Hi David, I’m Saar - really nice to meet you!

I look forward to seeing your designs - in the meantime feel free to share a picture or two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a beautiful origin story! Can’t wait to see your upcoming original designs!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Nice to meet u I’m mora. Thank you for your service. I have been crocheting since I was 8 and I love creating things for my little girl who is almost 2

3 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Hi David,
Army Reservist here. I had knee surgery two years ago and wasn’t allowed to walk for six weeks. I noticed that on the days I knitted, I was happy and positive. If I didn’t knit, I was miserable. Once I noticed that I made sure I was knitting each morning.
Karen

2 Likes