Amigurumi Inv Dec Help

I might be thinking too much…

When you turn your work inside out BEFORE the decreases shouldn’t you then do your invisible decrease in the back loops and not the front?

5 Likes

I think it is still the front but I’m sure there are youtube videos that help you with working with invisible decrease.

4 Likes

I’m not sure it matters. I guess you could test it both ways and see what you prefer. I think the idea is the loop you don’t use fills in the hole created, which “hides” the decrease.

4 Likes

I try to do as many decreases after I flip my work but did test it both ways. I think this is mostly a preference thing…

4 Likes

It depends on what you mean by inside out… When I work in the round I work so that the right side is always facing out (I know some work so that the right side is inside, therefore needing to turn right side out)… But either way, you’d want it to be the front loops of the side that you plan to have showing or you’ll have a slight ridge instead of an invisible decrease… I hope that makes sense, if not let me know and I’ll try to make a quick sample/pic tutorial

4 Likes

I hope I’m understanding this correctly, but after your work is flipped (you’re crocheting with the outer surface facing you) the decreases are placed in the loops closest to you. If you work invisible decreases in the inner/front loop/the loops touching your stuffing, then you will be left with a ridge. It’s not always noticeable but it definitely shows up more with certain yarns. I hope this made sense. I had to figure it out the hard way.

4 Likes

Yes, you hit the nail on the head!! Because I tried it with inv decrease per usual after I flipped it inside out and I had all these ridges. I’m thinking, that’s not right!

@VelvetFox
@OBabyNMore

5 Likes

Glad you got it figured out/fixed :blush:

3 Likes