Another Crochet Meme! Do you Live Dangerously?

I live dangerously, for the most part! How about you guys? Do you live dangerously or use stitch markers? Lol

10 Likes

Stitch markers!!!

5 Likes

:rofl: I do both… In crochet I rarely use them, except maybe to track my progress for the day (place marker on first stitch made them when I finish I can see how much I accomplished)… In knitting I’m more apt to use markers, but again not always…
I saw this same meme that said lifelines in knitting instead of stitch markers and I joke that my friend Rose lives dangerously as she NEVER uses lifelines and I can have 20 million in a small project (especially if lace) because I’m terrified I’ll have to start over… I’m not good at ripping back or reading stitches…

4 Likes

Nope, stitch markers all the way haha (most of the time). A lot of the things I make are in the round and it’s so hard to tell where your beginning stitch is. I just finished a shawl though and it was so easy to tell where rows began that I didn’t use stitch markers for that project.

6 Likes

I use stitch markers because I get interrupted a lot and I don’t have the brain power to hold on to stitch count :joy: but if it’s a quick project I don’t/ sometimes I forget to put the stitch marker on when I get interrupted by my toddler :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I use stitch markers and a counter​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Depends on the project. I do when I’m crocheting in the round and can’t otherwise easily identify the beginning of a row. Otherwise I don’t, but it’s usually less my love for living dangerously and more pure laziness :joy:.

7 Likes

Yes spiral rounds tend to require them (same as knitting in the round)… And I’m totally in agreement with you on the laziness over dangerous living hehe

5 Likes

Ditto! :joy:

6 Likes