Another idea!

I guess today I’m just full of environmentally friendly ideas! Because something else you can do is make plastic yarn with grocery bags! Again there are plenty of YouTube tutorials on this! I’ve seen vests hats bags sleeping mats for homeless people and more!

8 Likes

I have made bucket hats and vests with that technique. I donated and gifted them but it was fun! It took a lot of time and plastic bags though……

6 Likes

Yes! It takes a lot, but it keeps bags out of landfills!

6 Likes

I agree
That’s why it’s worth it

5 Likes

Soo its DIY yarn

4 Likes

Yes!

4 Likes

Cute!

4 Likes

i refurbish the plastic bags from the grocery stores by taking them to churches who have food banks that those who need food can go get, that way they always have bags for the people to carry that food in.

I store the ones I use at home by folding them in half (long ways) folding it in half again, then I fold it in thirds from top to bottom and put them in a drawer, they take very little space. When you take them out to use them and unfold them, they look brand new :joy:.

5 Likes

It’s really fun! But I’d definitely recommend using a bigger hook if you can since the plarn can be a lot with a small hook, and you don’t want to cut your strips too thin or they might easily break.
I’ve found some really good tiktoks that show how to make the plarn

4 Likes

Also if you tear up scraps of material and make A mat

4 Likes