another question :3

soooo my grandpa is coming up from down south and we are going to see him on friday. he’s recently been diagnosed with bone cancer and isnt doing well, he also ill be staying for only a short time because he has to have chemo. i was thinking i could crochet him a blanket for hospital visits, home, trips, wherever but my mom made a good point, it’s warm where he lives :skull: :joy: any ideas what i could make him?

17 Likes

Aww I’m so sorry to hear that​:people_hugging: praying for him​:heart: maybe you could make him one of those worry animal things like these!

8 Likes

Ok so where I’ve been in a lot of hospitals I can say they are FRIGID sortbh a blanket might work, if not tho maybe a hat or cute plush lol

7 Likes

i have a few big skeins of a black, white, gray, variegated blanket yarn, i read chemo sessions can last a while so he might be there a bit, do u think it would still be freezing in a hot state? (just second guessing my idea bcs of my mom :skull:)

6 Likes

Yes, hospitals are purposely kept cold. They do have blankets there but they’re hella scratchy

5 Likes

thanks mama!

4 Likes

Np! Cs

3 Likes

i live in a permanently hot country (no seasons except HOT) and my grandma was really cold at her chemo… i think it’d be really comforting for your grandpa to have a soft blankie!

6 Likes

A lap blanket. Ive been treated in those transfusion centers and theyre cold and uncomfortable and it takes 2 hospital blankets to stay warm. A big blanket will be a lot for him to carry to and from the appointments but a lap size is perfect.

4 Likes

I think you should crochet him a 6-day star blanket!

4 Likes

If you wanted to make a plushy you could make him a penguin! I know that you were gonna do a blanket but if you want a little something extra, my shop has free patterns!:yellow_heart:

3 Likes

make a puoch?

4 Likes

You could make him a flowey blanket use some really light thin yarn not mohair and you could make him a blanket using that

5 Likes