Any Amigurumi Enthusiasts Here?

Perfect for this time of year, and very nicely done !

5 Likes

@Millionbellscrochet and @Lir… these are sooooo cute! And they look like they could be good friends for each other!!

6 Likes

@Yarn_And_Words thank you! The pumpkin is adorable!!

5 Likes

I love your bee and the octopi, so cute!

5 Likes

Thank you, @youthfulyarning!

4 Likes

I love to make Amigurumis! I don’t have any to show because I give them away as soon as they’re done. I was a special education teacher for many years and had students that were emotionally disturbed and usually violent. I used Amigurumis that I made as a reward. They would pick what they wanted and got to watch me make it. The process taught them patience and was also very calming to them. Their behaviors would change slowly but surely. At the end, they would have something that was truly theirs. I told their classroom teachers that the Amigurumi was something they were allowed to have with them at all times unless they abused the privilege. It was like a fidgit or calming buddy.
I don’t teach anymore, but I randomly give them away to kids that look like they could use some kindness.

16 Likes

That is so lovely. Thank you for sharing!
It’s wonderful that you took the time to find a creative way to teach them plus gave them something to remind them of that experience. Kids need support and someone to believe in them. You sound like an amazing teacher!

6 Likes

@88keys What a wonderful idea!! I know that the children who receive them have got to be thrilled!! I photograph mine and add them to my album on FB so my crocheting friends can see what I’ve done and maybe get ideas for themselves. I always post a link to the pattern I use for anything in the album… hats, scarves, shawls, afghans, amigurumis, etc. so they can go right to the source if they see something they like and are inspired! My amigurumis get donated to Operation Gratitude. The troops that receive them use them in several ways… sometimes they turn it into their own personal mascot. Others will send them home to their children. But these little critters have actually SAVED LIVES. Troops going through villages in Afghanistan have given these little critters, along with candy or other trinkets, to children in the villages. It helps form a bond, it forms a little bit of trust and a relationship. In return… when they come back through, these people have let the troops know about IEDs planted up ahead, or where to expect a group of people waiting to ambush them. It’s amazing what these little animals, made out of yarn, stuffing, and maybe bits of cloth can do!

6 Likes

I made these pumpkins recently for Halloween. They are sooooo soft!

17 Likes

Your bee is very cute :blush:. I love your octopi!
This is my little ghost from Stella’s Yarn Universe (it’s on Ribblr). My 1st craft in ages. Great to get a little done when able, taking it easy to avoid pain. I’ve started Stella’s wee cat (just the top of its head for now).

15 Likes

Wow! That’s so cute! Did you see that @StellasYarnUniverse?

5 Likes

That’s neat!

3 Likes

Thank you, @scotjess! You ghost is a cutie too! I’m currently in NICU hat mode right now, so I blast through them fast! My hands are crying for another paraffin wax bath, so that will have to happen later today, as my Mum has a doctor’s appointment.

5 Likes

That’s really cute!

5 Likes

Your little ghost turned out so cute! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for using my pattern. :purple_heart: Let me know anytime if you have any questions about the little cat. :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you, it’s so nice that you saw the result! :blush: I can only do little, so making this wee guy was great! Perfect size for me. He and the cat will go to a wee girl for Christmas. :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

I just got into it in March. I’ve made so many Yodas and unicorns, dinos, and mermaids. I love them all!!!

5 Likes

It’s SO much fun! Please post a picture of some of your creations!

4 Likes

18 Likes

Awwwwww!!! They’re adorable!!

5 Likes