Any long nail girlie crafters?

I’ve entered a long nail era, one of those things that happens after you’ve kept your nails super short for years! :joy:

I was wondering if anyone else has long nails, and if you have any trouble navigating your craft at all? How do you all work around it? Have a blessed day! :white_heart:

15 Likes

No because one my nails never grow that long and if they do, i bite them or smth and two I just can’t with acrylics. But I know @Kenziekrochet and @ErisArt have kinda long nails

8 Likes

Yes! I actually used to have very very long nails when I first started crocheting. (You can see in the pics) & I had my nails this length for at least 8 years prior to crocheting​:two_hearts:. I ultimately decided to take them off once I really started getting into crocheting because I was having difficult holding the crochet hook and working at a faster pace. Plus my nails would get sore sometimes from holding the hook too long, so now I just have super short nails​:smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Uh…. Thank you? :skull:

8 Likes

I do have pretty long nails because I just let them grow out… as far as if they ever get in the way, I play the violin and they don’t get in the way too much with that! It’s really just about finding ways around the nails I guess lolll :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

yOuR wElCoMe hehehehe

7 Likes

Yepp, I love my long nails! I surprisingly haven’t had any issues with crocheting with them :))

7 Likes

Wow! That’s impressive!!! Mine are no where near that long! I would be cutting mine short again! :sparkles:

7 Likes

You were exposed lol! I find as long as I keep mine at least clear coated or painted they aren’t a bother. But unpainted they are much to sensitive! :joy:

6 Likes

My nails currently! Although I really need to file them in to a better shape! These are just grown out from my file job. :white_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you! Yeah I think it was just that the length of my nails was a little extreme! But I don’t think they would have bothered me as much if they were still long, just a little shorter than what I had!

7 Likes

I actually grew my nails to be pretty long, for crochet I had no issues, in fact I found it easier to count stitches using my nails since my fingers would always cover some stitches and I forget which one I was on lol for knitting it did cause some issues since the way I held the yarn and the length of my nails caused them to poke the palm of my hand (I just wore a finger cover thing), so depending on your craft it can work in your favor or just cause some minor hindrance that is easily worked around :smile:

8 Likes

Yes, the counting is so much easier!

7 Likes

Normally, I have very short nails, but 4 weeks ago, I got some acrylics again after a couple of years. I’ve crocheted for so long. It doesn’t have any impact whether my nails are short or long.

7 Likes

i have short & wide nail beds! i’ve only had my nails professionally done once & typically use press ons!

6 Likes

I thought I was the only one who found having nails made it easier to count the stitches! :scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

Who woulda thunk it!

5 Likes

@DarlingDia and @anoswaldoddity :grin::joy:

3 Likes

I have long nails too and sometimes It’s a little difficult to work with especially in the beginning. But i learned to work with it It’s just gonna take time also if you break a nail but it didn’t come off, just cut it. It’s gonna get caught on your yarn and be super annoying. Other than that it doesn’t really affect me.

3 Likes

I don’t have super long nails but I do have acrylics on, and at first when I started crocheting with them it was very confusing but I’ve gotten used to it and when I didn’t have them on for like a month It was almost harder for me to crochet without the nails :laughing:

3 Likes

So it took going back to last Halloween when I used nail stickers to find a picture of my nails (yes these are natural) but I almost always have long nails and don’t have any problems (but my nail does “click” on my crochet hook)

4 Likes