Any other amateur photographers here?

I did a little photo shoot today with my Cleo. She is almost 7. This is my favorite photo out of the bunch. I was trying to get the bokah (background blur). With such a great model, how could I not.

15 Likes

Cleo is adorable :purple_heart: also the background blur looks great

I like making picture but not really good at it, used to have a very old camera but using phone now (better quality) or Polaroid pictures when I see something very pretty :grin:

7 Likes

So funny, I am actually in a photography class right now!

Here a few of my recent photos! I’m hoping I can use my new skills and photograph my crochet work better!

10 Likes

Nice. I never took any classes. But I love the internet. :wink: My brain doesn’t remember things well any more so I have to look things up almost every time. I just use the simple buttons, not specialized settings. But I am starting to remember this Aperture / bokah setting. Next up, my daughter wants school pictures taken of her littles. Excited.

8 Likes

That turned out great!!

7 Likes

That is exciting!!

6 Likes

Love this pic and the dog!! Hope everything goes well in taking future pics :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

So I don’t consider myself an amateur photographer, because I don’t try to learn any of the terminology or the “how to do this well”… But that’s probably because my hubby is a photographer, so I just ask him… (Although so far I’ve always taken my own pictures of my stuff, I just don’t bother him with it)

5 Likes

Beautiful!

I used to, but haven’t picked up my camera since I came to the US.

By now my laptop is way too ancient to handle my RAW files and I don’t think any program would still run with that old laptop :joy:

One of these days I’ll get going again.

I still sell the occasional postcard on Zazzle and Greetingcard universe, but haven’t uploaded anything in forever.

If anyone wants to look > NicoleBPhotography <

5 Likes

Beautiful!
It’ll def help.

Though one thing I’ve always disliked were portraits and product shots.
(I love taking candids, just not staged portraits :joy:)

5 Likes

I used to know my camera blindly, nit any more.
And I tend to forget terminology as fast as I learn it. :see_no_evil:

Oh, school pics! How exiting! So awesome that she wants you to do them!

4 Likes

I love the April Fools day postcard!!

4 Likes

:joy::+1:t2: love that one too. He was such a goofball :two_hearts:

4 Likes

More so she wants them done, and the local photographer retired. Ha. I’ll get her hooked on me. :wink:

4 Likes

Amazing photos. Not sure I would call you an amateur though. Fun to look at your views.

4 Likes

My dad used to have a separate flash. He would flash it first to relax us then get the good shot. :camera_flash: I learned to take multiple portrait photos, mostly without them knowing I’m taking them. :smile:

4 Likes

:two_hearts::kiss::two_hearts:

2 Likes

i love photography! i’m an amateur but i love taking pictures of anything i can

5 Likes

Hahaha. Not really the school pics. But it was a fun picture to show you anyway.

7 Likes

So cool :smiley::+1:t2::two_hearts::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes