Any thoughts on this??

any opinions?

Recently I saw I pattern on ribblr that’s the same as another Ribblr pattern.

The person who created a copy of the pattern did credit the original designer’s video but nothing else.

Is it right or wrong? Or in between :thinking:

13 Likes

Can you message @Ribblr with the specifics? They can better answer your questions.

8 Likes

Publishing someone else’s pattern is not allowed and violates our terms and conditions, unless there’s an agreement with the original designer. Please make sure you report this pattern so we can investigate it. Thank you for helping us keep Ribblr a safe place for all crafters!

19 Likes

yes even if you credit the original designer, you are not allowed to publish somone else’s pattern.

10 Likes

I did notice a new snowman cookie pattern. And I know I got a different one quite a long time ago. They look VERY similar. I’m not sure if the pattern is the same, but I did find it odd.

7 Likes

ok thanks!

5 Likes

That is the exact reason I cautioned some members earlier this week against telling members to just watch the videos online for free patterns. There are a lot of videos outside of the US or UK that are flat out monetizing themselves working on someone else’s pattern while spelling the entire piece across the screen to be copied.

8 Likes

Hmm I have yet to see any but if I do I’ll feel really mad about it when someone just takes the free pattern, make it into a written/video? pattern without permission and give little to no credit and the worst part is they may benefits for just copying a pattern down and publishing it to the world.

6 Likes

yea same for me I saw the pattern and realised it looked exactly like another pattern. To be exact it was stitchingwithsab’s mushroom pattern and her YouTube video was credited in the copied pattern and that’s when I realised it was a copy. the bad news is that MANY MANY people got the pattern too when the exact and original pattern is on the platform too.

However, I can’t seem to find the pattern now which may mean it has been deleted which is a good thing.

7 Likes

There are thousands. Especially out of Russia/eastern Europe, Turkey, and some other central or South American country that I have yet to place.
They will sit down and film their hands only working an entire pattern that is popular online with the pattern instructions written on the screen as they do it.
I literally can’t turn on YouTube without seeing a thumbnail for one.
These are monetized “tutorial” videos, so not only did the designer not get credit, this person will get paid for taking it.

6 Likes

I’ve seen this too.

5 Likes

On other sites only the designer can file a DCMA complaint with the site owner, if on Ribblr, with Ribblr if they feel another designer has infringed on their design. Ribblr probably has a legal team that investigates these kind of disputes.

5 Likes