Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with cables 🤣

Maybe its because im very very new to cables but i love how they look but the remembering when to actually do the cables and everything stops me from doing them alot

9 Likes

I love cables
I LOVE cables
learning how to do them without a cable jump helps, and the counting rows between the cable stitches can be marked at the end of your row…
one way is to place a marker a stitch in from the end, move that marker each row and back to the start again so you can count how many stitches to know how many rows it’s been.

6 Likes

Yeah i have a stitch marker on there its just cut off in the photo
I love cables and i want to get better and do some cool ones
Its so exciting watching them form

5 Likes

even the fancy ones are still “this many stitches over/behind this many stitches” you just have to remember which order and how many… like dance steps.
I get mixed up with the words, so I like a picture or chart and then I just copy what I see

4 Likes

Yeah i definitely do better with pictures and visuals i think i get very mixed up where trying to read something and keep track of where i am

5 Likes

I have an ancient book of cable charts, I just look up a chart as close to what I’m looking at and use that in place of whatever is in the pattern…mostly because I don’t use other peoples patterns any more, but I got into the habit a long time ago due to the confusion.

5 Likes

Yeah tbh im a little confused right now with this pattern im following

4 Likes

if you think I can be of any help, feel free to dm me

5 Likes

I love cables! :heart_eyes: My first big project after I learned to knit was a hooded cowl that had lots of cables on it! Looks like you are doing really good so far!

4 Likes

This is my first project with cables haha its not too bad because i love bejng able to watch the progress with the cables

3 Likes

they look so complicated, then you do one and see they are insanely easy and you wonder why you were so afraid of them

3 Likes

Exactly! That’s so true! They look so intimidating at first!

2 Likes

Love :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to use progress keepers with more complex projects. If there are multiple cable styles, I will color code with the progress keepers.

1 Like

No… I just love them, but it’s been a while so it’s time to do a cable pattern soon to see if I still feel the same. Thinking of starting a sweater for my husband. He has guaranteed that the sweater curse won’t be a problem so i think it’s finally safe now :wink::joy:.

2 Likes

I’ve only knitted mock cable but I still haven’t learned cable before. Someday I should learn how to do that too.