Anyone else know or learning ASL?!

Hi!! I’m currently learning ASL! And I was wondering if there is anyone else on here that knows or is also learning! I’d love to get to know some others who also love ASL like I do. And I would love any tips anyone may have!! :))

:two_hearts:

16 Likes

Hi!!! I’m learning asl and would absolutely love to get to know another person who is learning!!!

5 Likes

Omggg meeee! I only know some words! But ive always wanted to learn more :)))

5 Likes

I’m learning and I can give you tips on how to stay motivated!!

5 Likes

Awesome!! I’ve learned so much so quickly and I’m so excited to learn more! I would love to get to know you too!

4 Likes

Yeah I love it, and want to someday become fluent!!

4 Likes

I know a little bit! I haven’t practiced in awhile because I got distracted by other languages haha

4 Likes

I’m learning ASL too! I know some basic phrases + words and am starting an ASL 101 class this semester :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to learn for the past year, its just hard for me.

4 Likes

When my brother was younger, we all learned a bit of asl cause he couldnt talk. I forgot a few of the words but i want to learn again

2 Likes

I took ASL 1 in college! I know the basic signs for things, numbers and the alphabet!

3 Likes

I’m learning asl!!! I love sign language, and I hope to someday be completely fluent. Currently, I’m learning with my friend so we can practice communicating, and it’s helped a lot! The best way to learn is with the deaf community though. I recently went to a class with lots of deaf people, and it was a little harder at first, but it’s so helpful. :heart:

6 Likes

I learned ASL about two years ago it was so much fun! Sometimes I see people signing at restaurants and I say hello! :wave:

3 Likes

How did you find a class with Deaf people? I definitely want to learn from the Deaf community! I’ve seen some online classes but I feel like ASL is hard to learn online. I’m taking a class at my college this semester but couldn’t find any info on if the professor is Deaf

2 Likes

We are using a bit of ASL with my daughter (did with my son too but not as much and he’s now 14)… I would love to learn it better, but it has been amazing to use with the babies
I love that you are learning it!

2 Likes

i know like 10 words :skull: :sob:

1 Like

I love asl!!! I am self teaching myself asl through my church interpretor!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You would honestly have to find a Deaf community somewhere in your own community. Like for me, I started learning by the Deaf community at my church, so maybe find a place that has a Deaf community within your own community. Maybe search up. Deaf communities near me?

2 Likes

hmm alright I’ll have to do some digging! thanks! my area has a large Deaf community overall so I’m sure I’ll be able to find something

2 Likes

Hi! I’m semi-fluent in ASL! Finished my third year of classes with a Deaf professor and earned my sign name. :heart:

I highly recommend Bill Vicars’ YouTube channel for lessons and vocabulary expansion. Also, check out The Daily Moth for US news in ASL - there are captions available if you can’t keep up, so it’s great practice.

Lastly, you can often find a local Deaf community by doing a web search for Deaf Events/Deaf Calendar Near Me, or searching FB for local Deaf groups and/or schools.

5 Likes