App alerting to non-sales

Iā€™ve got a weird thing going on with the app. Iā€™m getting push notifications for patterns it says are on sale but itā€™s patterns that were free to starts with so theyā€™re free on sale forā€¦free?

It is supposed to do this?

3 Likes

Can you share an example please?

2 Likes

Yep, today I got an alert to my phone telling me this is on sale

But that pattern is free without a sale, it canā€™t be on sale to be more free.

Itā€™s done it almost daily to different free patterns since the big update.

4 Likes

@saar I figured it out. If you have something on your wishlist, and that person puts their entire shop on sale, it alerts you to items on your wishlist going on sale. But it doesnā€™t register that there is no change when the price was 0 to start with. So it keeps alerting me to ā€˜salesā€™ on free items.

5 Likes

Was gonna say the same @Stitchnotes added a store sale recently and I got emails for every pattern free or charged I had saved.
It confused me the first time I got the email too :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey @GotenkslovesmeCraft @DovetailCrochet :wave:

First of all just to clarify-
You should get a notification (depending on your preferences) when a pattern on your wishlist has an ongoing sale so if you have plenty from the same shop and the shop has a shop-wide sale youā€™ll still get notifications for all those patterns!

And if you have favorited that shop youā€™ll also get a notification when they add a new pattern.

You shouldnā€™t however get a notification that a free pattern is on sale, so weā€™ll check that further.

10 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Hey @GotenkslovesmeCraft @DovetailCrochet,
It seems we had a glitch, hope it is fixed from now on. Let us know if you still have such issues.
Great feedback,
Avi

8 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work :heart:

5 Likes

I found the same for a pattern that said in a FB share that it was supposed to be free on Ribblr and then when I looked, itā€™s not: No Sew Baby Axolotl.

3 Likes

Hi,
Could you kindly send me the pattern product page (link) and were it says it is free?
Note that some patterns are offered with discount (or FREE) for a limited period (e.g. a day in case of Oct. Treats)
Avi @ Team Ribblr

3 Likes

Hi there,

It was in a FB comment in a crochet group thread when someone posted asking for small, easy no-sew projects. I belong to We Love Crochet! and to Amigurumi Addicts and I donā€™t recall which group the original post was in. I can try to find it but not sure Iā€™ll be able to - will let you know if I find it.

I specifically joined Ribblr to find that free baby axolotl pattern because I never buy patterns. I sell my work as fundraisers for a non-profit. When I found the pattern on Ribblr, it had a cost.
Cheers, Denise :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Denise,
There are tons of free patterns on Ribblr, enjoy.
Let me know when you find the reference so we could improve.
Avi @ Team Ribblr

3 Likes

I searched on both my FB groups but couldnā€™t find the comment. Perhaps the FB search engines only search within the posts, not the comments. I tried no sew, and no sew baby axolotl and ribblr axolotl in the search fields but no luck!

Iā€™ll continue to use Ribblr to look for patterns. Thanks for your follow-up!

4 Likes

Are you sure you found the right one? Hereā€™s some free axolotls

4 Likes

Thank you!

Iā€™ve saved the last one in your list below. Itā€™s very similar to the one that was linked -
and listed as free in the FB comment I had seen: https://ribblr.com/pattern/baby-axolotl-no-sew-crochet?

Maybe itā€™s even the same pattern, but with different photos. I canā€™t check because I havenā€™t bought the pattern that I linked to above.

3 Likes

Just checking if this still occurs? We believe this is now fixed.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had it happen again, thank you!

3 Likes