Are you more of a yarn or pattern hoarder?

So… I knew that yarn hoarding was a thing. What I didn’t realize though, was that you can also become a pattern hoarder. I have hundreds of patterns… does anyone else have this issue? Do you consider yourself more of a yarn hoarder or a pattern hoarder? I think I’d have to go with patterns for myself. Between the patterns here, Etsy, Pinterest, and my books I’m getting close to a thousand, if I haven’t passed it already. I’ll never get to all of them!:woman_facepalming:t3: And I just keep adding more. (I really need to uninstall etsy!!!) lol​:joy:

38 Likes

For me it’s about 65 yarn and the rest patterns. I try to stay away from the patterns because they can get expensive.
There are sooooo many free patterns on the internet for the one who likes to treasure hunt. :eyes::eyes::eyes:

14 Likes

Ha yes! So many things i want to create, but so little time & only 2 hands. I’ve got a long to-do list :joy:

11 Likes

It’s not hoarding……. It’s curating a collection
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

21 Likes

DEFINETlY more of a pattern hoarder :joy:

10 Likes

I’m an equal opportunity yarn and pattern hoarder :rofl:

11 Likes

I am not a yarn hoarder definitely, I hardly ever buy yarn if I’m not planning to use it in some project atm… which is really not a thing in crochet community :smile: but pattern hoarder definitely YES there are hundreds of saved patterns in my queue that I might never actually start :laughing: but I absolutely NEED all of them!!!

11 Likes

I don’t have money, so all the free patterns :joy:

10 Likes

A bit of both, tbh! HOWEVER, I would say most of my yarn is accoounted for for different projects, so perhaps more of a pattern hoarder. As many of the others have said, idk where I think I’m going to find the time to accomplish all of these projects, but I cannot help myself, apparently. XD

Whenever I have a lot of something, I like say I have a ____ solution, so in this case, I don’t have a yarn/pattern problem, I have a yarn/pattern solution. :joy:

11 Likes

I’m both lol

10 Likes

I have a LOT of yarn, but my pattern inventory is quite ridiculous. I keep them catalogued in spreadsheets, it’s well over 8,ooo. More than half are vintage crochet patterns from magazines I’ve owned.

Hi! I’m TexasPurl and I’m a pattern hoarder. :raising_hand_woman:
I freely admit to the issue, but the only space they’re taking up is on my hard drive (and out on the cloud as a backup :wink:).

9 Likes

:joy::joy: im a pattern horder! I have some printed, i have books, and so many digital files saved!

I warned my cousin when she started crocheting, crochet is really like 3 hobbies in one.

1. Pattern collecting
  2. Yarn shopping
  3. Actually making the thing.

Im VERY good at 1 and 2 :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

12 Likes

Don’t for get, on your digital saved patterns, to back them up to a thumb drive, I do that every few months in case my computer fails, would break my heart!

It’s nice to know that my patterns on here, they back them up ;).

12 Likes

I’m probably both, but more a pattern hoarder as I never know when I want to make something different

9 Likes

Definitely a pattern hoarder! I usually only buy yarn for the specific project I’m about to make, but I love spending hours scrolling through the internet and bookmarking free patterns I’ll never get around to.

8 Likes

Definitely more of yarn hoarder, but I can’t resist buying a good pattern book every time I go to a book store. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I am definitively a yarn hoarder. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

i am both. i buy too much yarn but i have way too many books with patterns lol

9 Likes

LOL SAME. I didn’t realize that getting into crochet also meant yarn collecting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

I’m definitely a yarn hoarder. If I use a pattern I’ll watch YouTube videos but I wing it more often than not! :grinning:

9 Likes