Are you more of a yarn or pattern hoarder?

Both. Iā€™ve been thinking if I were to die and someone goes through and sees all my yarnā€¦! But the patterns are mostly hidden since they are on my drive or bookmarked. Still, Iā€™m with you. Itā€™s an obsession. I need to simply begin ONE project and then start another. Instead of looking for more when Iā€™ve already got five I want to do now.

8 Likes

Both! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

i am a free pattern hoader, im a bit more selective when it comes to my paid patterns. yarn on the other hand there may be 3 rubbermaid totes full next to my desk

8 Likes

I collect it all, yarn, hooks, patterns, needles & any tools/gadgets.

11 Likes

Definitely pattern hoarderā€¦ Theyā€™re so reasonably priced!!! Itā€™s so easy to ā€œgrab it for later!ā€

9 Likes

I would have to say pattern hoarder. I spend all of my money on patterns rather than yarn lol.

9 Likes

Hahaa sameee
Both tho
Like i have a lot of yarn and im about to get more, but the patterns are so fun to gather like sb said, treasure hunting! I hunt for the free ones and there are so many of them! Every site i see of a pattern and they are like ā€œhi we have a newsletter with free patterns, wanna join?ā€ Heck yes!! And now i have 20k new emails :slight_smile: with patterns!!!

8 Likes

i have so many patterns favorited on here, etsy, love crafts, wilmade, and other websites as well as inspiration for future projects! i cant even count how many iā€™ve savedā€‹:joy: i also have a bunch of yarn from my aunt plus some yarn that iā€™ve bought recently so i consider myself both a yarn and pattern hoarder

11 Likes

Iā€™m a yarn hoarder for sure! Not so much a pattern hoarder, yet!

8 Likes

I started collecting the yarn because I loved the color and/or the feel of it before I could crochet very well at all!
#yarnsnob

5 Likes

It seems like many of us have enough yarn for all the patterns we have purchased and/or downloaded!

5 Likes

Pattern definitely. Mostly because I donā€™t want to buy more yarn before I use the yarn I have. and the yarn I have doesnā€™t match what I need for my patternsā€¦ Also I donā€™t have the money for as much yarn as patterns I have. I have Ribblr, Instagram, YouTube, and paper patterns saved by the dozen!!

5 Likes

Both! I have ( I think) 20 yarns. I also have 15 patterns saved.

5 Likes

Welcome @LuckySuz66 to Ribblr!
Waving City Bus GIF by Connect Transit

5 Likes

A little bit of both :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr @SweetLoveHandmade! This has all kinds of patterns and great people!
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

6 Likes

@rebeccaL Same :rofl: :smiley:

5 Likes

I am more of a pattern hoarder lol

6 Likes

Iā€™m definitely more of a yarn hoarder. I have so many skeins of yarn, that I donā€™t know what to do with them. If you guys have any ideas of what to make, please let me know. Also Iā€™m thinking about selling some of my makes or patterns. I donā€™t really know yet.

6 Likes

I ended up putting all my yarn inventory into Ravelry so I could keep track of what and how much yarn I have.
Helps to figure if I have the yarn and yardage needed for a particular project.
Maybe someday Ribblr will have this function too!

7 Likes