At what age did everybody start crocheting?

what age were you when you learned and how long have you been doing it?

36 Likes

Since I was 10 or 11. Self taught from books as the internet was not publicly available then. I will be 62 near the end of April

23 Likes

Wow! that’s a long time:))

13 Likes

I’m no expert by any means. There is always something new to learn

16 Likes

I love that! there is always room to improve:)

13 Likes

I’ve knitted about 23 years

16 Likes

I was 19 when I started so essentially about a year or so now, my cousin had done a little crochet and taught me the basic stuff of what she remembered and I learned online more stuff and gradually expanded my knowledge and found this amazing place :laughing: I’m learning to knit now as well at 20 :grin:

20 Likes

I was about 38 when I started to knit then got into crochet. So about 10 years. I always was fascinated watch my grandma crochet when we visited. Anyone who learned young I have a deep respect for you.

18 Likes

I learned around age 12 (I can’t remember if I was 11 or 13)… I didn’t practice much (only did pot holders) and then was on and off in my 20s. I got serious at the end of 2020 and have been full time crocheting since the Spring of 2021. I’m almost 35 so it’s been a journey :blush:

18 Likes

I’ve been crocheting since I was 10 and I am now fifteen!!!:green_heart::yarn: I mostly make amigurumi so I don’t know much of the other stitches but I tried knitting last year but I just don’t get it lol

22 Likes

been crocheting since I was 9 now 15 :sparkling_heart:

21 Likes

I am 11 and have been crocheting since i was 7!

18 Likes

I learned all of my fiber arts (knit, crochet, embroidery, sewing, etc. ) around the same time at about 7 years old. I’ll be 55 in a few months
It has just always been a part of my life. I learned of amigurumi about 10 years ago, but I have never had a need for it

18 Likes

I was young. Elementary school age. My grandma taught me how. Been crocheting 30+ years and have learned more each year.

16 Likes

I prefer wearables. Pullovers and tees, as I prefer not to deal with buttons and buttonholes

Toys, plushies and other stuff, I don’t have the space in my tiny studio apartment to store stuff like that Most of my yarn is in a storage locker a few miles north of us

14 Likes

I was 3. My Mom and Grandma used to take us to the park and they would sit on a blanket making up granny squares that eventually became bedspreads for my brother and I. I used to sit with them with a hook and a piece of yarn and make chains!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m now 52, will be 53 this year. So a good long time I’ve done it!:heart:

19 Likes

I was 6 or 7 when my mom taught me. Did it on and off for the last 40+ years. It’s now my zen and a wonderful connection to my mom, who passed 5 years ago.

15 Likes

I started crocheting when I was 36, my mom taught me. So I’ve been crocheting for just over a decade.

16 Likes

I was 19 when I started and it’s been around a years now

Learned it by watching 1 youtube video of a beginner amigurumi pattern and the rest I pretty much learned through ribblr (like most new stitches were pretty easy because they got stitch videos in all the patterns)

15 Likes

That’s amazing! :raised_hands: The best advice I can give you is to stick with it! If life pulls you in a different direction, that’s ok… but always keep it as a hobby because as you get older, you’ll be happy that you did! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

15 Likes