Baby Blanket Ideas

Good morning y’all, I haven’t been on the app in a while. Life has been kinda crazy and a few months ago my husband and I found out we were expecting our first baby.
This past weekend we had a gender reveal and found out our little one is a boy and we are just over the moon.

Now that we know what baby is I want to make him a blanket. I know I want it blue but I have no idea what kind of pattern to do. Do y’all have any suggestions of a pattern to use that is safe for babies? I would also love to add his name on it.
This would be my first blanket as well.

I’ll be using Bernat Baby Blanket yarn as well.
Thank you in advanced!

19 Likes

These are the 2 colors I’m looking at. I’m having a hard time deciding. We are also going with a Star Wars themed nursery as we are Star Wars fans.

7 Likes

On the bernat baby velvet tags, there are some super cute baby blankets. You could also use a fun textured stitch like griddle stitches, moss stitches, or blanket stitches! As for the name, I would surface crochet that on (sl st through the blanket) since that would probably be more secure to it than sewing.

6 Likes

Definitely check out yarnspirations for blanket patterns using bernat blanket!

6 Likes

omgg congratulations! i like the first color, the lighter blue!

3 Likes

I think that the darker blue is super cute and spacey!:yellow_heart::rocket::flying_saucer::artificial_satellite:

3 Likes

These websites have a lot of free baby blanket patterns:

https://www.yarnspirations.com/en-row/collections/patterns?filter.p.m.global.product_line=Baby+Blanket&filter.p.m.global.project_type=Afghans+%26+Blankets&filter.p.m.global.skill_type=Crochet

3 Likes

Thank you everyone! After looking at a few different patterns my husband and I picked this pattern and a dark blue color. I also got a black/gray color in the same kind of yarn for his name.

5 Likes

I know you got your pattern already but just wanted to say congratulations!! :purple_heart::tada:

2 Likes