Baby Blanket

Hey y’all, so I need help. I’m making my first baby blanket and this is the stitch I’m using as my main pattern but I want to do an accent stitch. I’m still so new to crocheting and want some suggestions on what would look nice with this stitch.
Thank you so much in advance.

9 Likes

I think something kind of open. Like these show. The pictures are not perfect to show it, but … Are you thinking of another color? You could do a row different every once in a while. Kind of like a learning blanket, or sampler. So just throw in a row of something then go back to your stitch. Just some ideas.

This is showed with squares, but just do rows instead. 4 Crochet Sampler Blanket Patterns + Tutorials

6 Likes

You can do
Some shells made with dc or treble-depending on how open you want it.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! I think I found the stitch I want to use with it :blush:

6 Likes

That will be a challenge! Good choice though.

1 Like

Why challenge? I watched how to make it and it looks like it easy to do and goes in every stitch like I will need to continue to make my main stitch.

2 Likes

The yarn doesn’t look like a great option for a baby, it looks to me like these little fibers that are sticking out of the main colour could be a hazard for a little baby if they separate easily from the main yarn. I would choose acrylic or cotton yarn for a baby project. Other than this, the stitch looks great!

2 Likes

This yarn is actually specifically for a baby blanket. It’s acrylic as well.

3 Likes

Great! I love the colours btw

2 Likes

Do you mind if I ask what yarn you’re using? I think I’ve used that same one before, but I got it for free without a label, so I don’t know what it is.

1 Like

It’s Flecks Yarn from Michaels

1 Like

Thank you! Do they have it without flecks as well? I’ve used this one, but it also looks similar to something else I’ve used.

1 Like

This is the label. I’m honestly not sure what all this brand has. I honestly just picked this yarn because I thought it was pretty. This blanket isn’t actually for anyone. It is a practice piece for my nephew. I plan to make him a blanket but wanted to practice before I do his as I’ve never done a blanket.

4 Likes