Balloon Sleeve Cropped Bomber

Just wondering if anyone has made this cardigan. The pattern says that a size 34 should be 18 inches long but this seems very short especially for someone who is 5’7".
It’s a surprise cardigan for my daughter so I can’t ask her to measure herself.

Thanks

2 Likes

steal one of your daughters shirts and measure from the underarm to the bottom to get an idea of the length for the sweater. i am a knitter but i adjust lengths all the time, i am long waisted.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion but that’s not possible as we’re in lock down due to covid-19. Even if i could she would definitely get suspicious if I went to her place with a tape measure lol.

1 Like

Is this the pattern you mean? Balloon Sleeve Cropped Bomber: Crochet pattern | Ribblr

It does say that it’s a cropped style, maybe you can ask @KingEye the designer if there’s an option to make it longer…?

1 Like

Thanks I know how to make it longer. 18 inches just seemed too short which is why I was asking the community.

1 Like

Hi, Lir is right, it’s sized at 18" from neck to waist to give a cropped look. I’m 5’8" and it sits at my waistband. It’s easy to make it longer though, you can just make extra chains when you start your back and front sections (just make sure you add the same number of chains to each section so they match when you’re seaming!). Hope this helps, Claire

2 Likes

Thanks… you are about the same height as my daughter so I’ll leave it as per the pattern.

1 Like