Band Homework

You guys I have band homework and I’m totally not prepared and I have only a couple hours to finish it and guess what the band teacher is actually NOT ALLOWED to give us homework! Like I’m super busy at home so I asked the teacher when I was thinking about signing up if it interferes with your home time and she said no, there’s no classes and there isn’t homework and I can drop out if I want to but I have a serious fright of talking to people especially if I’m afraid of offending them!! WAHH you guys helpppp.

(Did I mention band time interferes with my “recess”?)

So basically either way I will have to do my homework and I know I said that it’s bad to ask other people to make your decisions and I still think that but I would like a second opinion!! (And a third. And a fourth. And a how many people are on Ribblr anyway?)

So uh any suggestions on what I should do??? Ooh I’ll add a poll lol.

• YES tell the teacher you don’t wanna continue
  • Don’t, the school year will be over in a couple months
  • Other (PREFERABLY SOMETHING THAT HELPS WITH MY STRANGE STAGE FRIGHT)
  • Idk but I have some tips/suggestions!
0 voters
9 Likes

ooh i generally don’t know what to do. this is rough, i feel bad for you izzy
hope this works out fine. :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

7 Likes

It depends if you want to continue band or are just over it and don’t like it anymore. I have the same situation, but it’s with the people in band too so, yeah. I wish you the best of luck!!

6 Likes

if you’re only gonna quit cuz there’s too much homework then I would stick with it cuz learning an instrument is cool! if it really is stressing you out a lot and you don’t have any time for it and you are fine with quitting then I would definitely tell her. whatever you do ik it’ll be the right decision for you cuz ur smart like that <3 good luck

5 Likes

It’s not really about homework (though it is annoying) but it’s also the fact that it’s taking away time that I should have, the teacher is honestly not super teaching us stuff just saying like “put your finger on that one blow and just play what’s on your book”

6 Likes

as someone in band, band is certainly not just a hobby. it’s more like a full time job. something i have grown to understand is that it’s not for everyone. seriously consider how it’s interfering with YOU. then also consider what you like about it. any friends you have there? what do you want to learn from it? that kind of stuff. that’s about all i have for you. i’ve had multiple friends drop out of band because of how stressful it was, or if they wanted to go do something else that would overlap with band a little too much. such as theater. i’m currently juggling band AND a musical at my school, and i understand why one of my best friends left band to focus on theater. i really hope that you can figure this out, you got this :heart_hands:

5 Likes

You all are so nice and supportive :sob::sob::sob::black_heart:🩷

5 Likes

I’m the same way with chorus. It is not my thing so I’m going to quit this year :confused: (MY TEACHER GIVES US HOMEWORK EVERY WEEK AND OCCASIONALLY ITS A 5 PAGE NOTE IDENTIFYING QUIZ THING :sob::sob:)

3 Likes

Welp at least I don’t have quizzes (unless they are in the future)

YOU MAKE ME FEEL LUCKYYYY!!

Thx!

No but some days I feel super stressed and anxiety before band days and I don’t go to sleep for hours and I end up super badly rested which means a guaranteed bad day

3 Likes

Sorry this is stressful! Can your parents/guardians intervene on your behalf since homework is being assigned when it’s not supoosed to be?
I don’t mind talking to ppl about difficult things so I can’t help there, but hope you find some good strategies to make it easier on you!

4 Likes

What I usually do is email my teachers id there is an issue so that it doesn’t involve actually talking to them lol! Good luck tho, this sounds stressful

3 Likes

I talked to my mom she says she thinks I should talk to him if I want to quit. Thx for the email idea 🩷

2 Likes

You guys I actually cried in band today. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like