Beginner Help

Hi!
I am a beginner and I am not very good at crochet but i want to get better!! If you have any small crochet patterns that you think a beginner like myself can complete please put the link in a comment!! Thank you so much!!

10 Likes

There’s a few patterns that describe themselves as for beginners:

Hopefully, these help you, but if not, the search function gives more (including paid) suggestions.
Good luck!

Edit: Washcloths are great for leaning new stitches. Plus as an added bonus, they’re small projects and you can always use more! Basic stitch scarves are also typically good beginner projects.

5 Likes

I agree with the dish cloths for learning stitches. Useable, and not a big deal if you make a mistake. Here’s a couple of mine. I try (try) to make my patterns beginner friendly. As always, let me know if I can help.

5 Likes

I would probably suggest a coaster or a washcloth :blush: Even simple scarves if you don’t get bored too easily with all those rows :grin:

2 Likes

Hey! I think this one is really easy to follow and turns out super cute. Hope it helped!

2 Likes

I was as you in the beginning so i start watching the granny square videos on youtube and was so helpful and easy to follow, helped me in the way to change colors. Then you can start with circles like coaster. I hope I helped you with my experience. Wish you happy crocheting time. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Great tips here!
I think it’s best to just dive into it, without too many expectations. It’s okay not to finish a project too! You can always go back to it.

5 Likes

A tip I can offer is practice! Even if it’s a few rows, that’s great practice! Also, YouTube videos helped me a lot (especially when learning new stitches/techniques). I have a few free patterns in my Ribblr that are very beginner friendly!

As the cold season is upon us, I also have a one-skein wonder hat (it’s a paid pattern, but it’s super beginner friendly). It comes with video tutorials I’ve filmed to help with the stitches! [Royal Ridge Beanie on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/979555315/crochet-hat-pattern-one-skein-wonder

3 Likes

thank you so much everyone that replied!

3 Likes

thanks i really appreciate all the responses ! :hugs:

2 Likes

thank u!

1 Like

Hey! I would definitely recommend starting with something small as stated above by others, but once you want to get started with garments I’ve got free beginner pattern(s) on my shop that I think would be suitable if you have never crocheted a garment before!

Here’s the link:

3 Likes

@feministfibre has a free scrunchie pattern, was quote quick and simple and looks fabulous! Check out my journal! Cheers, R

3 Likes

I will soon (hopefully by the end of the day if I get WiFi back) be releasing a pattern for a small octopus stress toy, which I believe is suitable for beginners with somewhat basic knowledge

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks so much for your support! I’m glad you like the pattern :blush:

4 Likes

Hi so I am a beginner to but I use ribblr and pintrest and I have done the strawberry turtle pattern on ribblr and it was pretty easy but it’s crochet so if that what you do it’s a good one

2 Likes

I unfortunately don’t have any dish cloth patterns, but I recommend starting with a square one. Its a very good way to learn the basics without having to break the bank on yarn and hooks! :grin:

3 Likes

I have a pattern for a washcloth and face scrubby - I would say it’s probably for an advanced beginner if you feel up to tackling it! :slight_smile: It’s called the Sunday Spa Washcloth and it’s in my shop.

4 Likes

Hey! I have a very beginner friendly monkey keychain pattern in my shop! (As in this ribblr shop​:rofl:) it’s short and sweet so could motivate you to try more projects!

I know for me I won’t stick with something unless I can produce a product in a relatively short amount of time so that’s why this is a good pattern to start with in my opinion!:laughing:

2 Likes