Blocking accounts

Hi,
Is there any way to block accounts you find harmful on ribblr? I could only find a mute option but I don’t think that blocks everything on both sides.
Thanks in advanced

8 Likes

9 Likes

Thank you so much :green_heart:
I doubt I’ll need it much at all, this place is full of wonderful people.

9 Likes

Oh I don’t have an ignored option. Maybe I’m missing an update or something

9 Likes

Try signing in on a browser instead of the app

8 Likes

I only use browser, I don’t have capacity for app. Maye thats the issue though. Thanks :blush:

7 Likes

That still doesn’t seem to block the account though… What if I don’t want another user seeing my stuff? (I don’t have that case right now, but could see it’s usefulness…)

8 Likes

If an account seems harmful, maybe you could also report it? Like if it’s really not nice and such then ribblr might be able to take down the account, it would help the whole community if harmful/bad accounts get removed

5 Likes

Wait actually I can only see the ignore/mute, I do know you could flag a post as not good, seems odd to not be able to report an account

6 Likes

Maybe Ribblr gets a notification if enough people go and ignore an account? :thinking::woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

@Ribblr what to do if someone comes across a harmful/bad account? (Haven’t come across any yet but it’s still nice to know in case)

7 Likes

I know I suggested this on that wishlist to ribblr, so I guess we’ll see. Part of the issue though, with what was said about a bunch of people not liking it and it getting flagged to ribblr, etc. It might not be offensive to a lot of people, but it might be offensive to one. I won’t go into detail, but there are some patterns and even shops I’d like to block, for reasons of my own, that others might not take offense to, but I can’t. Hopefully that makes sense and I’m not just blabbering on.

6 Likes

@WolfKvB if you come across harmful content please report it to us.

4 Likes

It makes sense actually. There are some patterns I’d rather not see.

4 Likes

Ah I assumed it would stop on both sides, but reading it seems I just wouldn’t see anything of them amd theu could still access my stuff

3 Likes

There’s things thay would upset me that ribblr don’t care about so this wouldn’t really help me. Thanks for the suggestion though

4 Likes

I’m exactly in the same boat as you here. Experiences on other sites made me extra cautious of some things so I wanted to be able to protect myself

4 Likes

Can you confirm there is no blocking feature on your site please? Tia

4 Likes

Perhaps you could share your experience with ribblr privately so they can get that feedback.
Major League Soccer Reaction GIF by Sporting KC

3 Likes

What experience do you mean?
I’m just trying to ascertain if a feature is available or not.
As others have commented with similar interest I thought it would be more helpful to people to ask them if they could confirm the presence or absence of the feature here

3 Likes