Blocking accounts

Hi,
Is there any way to block accounts you find harmful on ribblr? I could only find a mute option but I donā€™t think that blocks everything on both sides.
Thanks in advanced

9 Likes

10 Likes

Thank you so much :green_heart:
I doubt Iā€™ll need it much at all, this place is full of wonderful people.

9 Likes

Oh I donā€™t have an ignored option. Maybe Iā€™m missing an update or something

9 Likes

Try signing in on a browser instead of the app

8 Likes

I only use browser, I donā€™t have capacity for app. Maye thats the issue though. Thanks :blush:

7 Likes

That still doesnā€™t seem to block the account thoughā€¦ What if I donā€™t want another user seeing my stuff? (I donā€™t have that case right now, but could see itā€™s usefulnessā€¦)

8 Likes

If an account seems harmful, maybe you could also report it? Like if itā€™s really not nice and such then ribblr might be able to take down the account, it would help the whole community if harmful/bad accounts get removed

5 Likes

Wait actually I can only see the ignore/mute, I do know you could flag a post as not good, seems odd to not be able to report an account

6 Likes

Maybe Ribblr gets a notification if enough people go and ignore an account? :thinking::woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

@Ribblr what to do if someone comes across a harmful/bad account? (Havenā€™t come across any yet but itā€™s still nice to know in case)

7 Likes

I know I suggested this on that wishlist to ribblr, so I guess weā€™ll see. Part of the issue though, with what was said about a bunch of people not liking it and it getting flagged to ribblr, etc. It might not be offensive to a lot of people, but it might be offensive to one. I wonā€™t go into detail, but there are some patterns and even shops Iā€™d like to block, for reasons of my own, that others might not take offense to, but I canā€™t. Hopefully that makes sense and Iā€™m not just blabbering on.

6 Likes

@WolfKvB if you come across harmful content please report it to us.

4 Likes

It makes sense actually. There are some patterns Iā€™d rather not see.

4 Likes

Ah I assumed it would stop on both sides, but reading it seems I just wouldnā€™t see anything of them amd theu could still access my stuff

3 Likes

Thereā€™s things thay would upset me that ribblr donā€™t care about so this wouldnā€™t really help me. Thanks for the suggestion though

4 Likes

Iā€™m exactly in the same boat as you here. Experiences on other sites made me extra cautious of some things so I wanted to be able to protect myself

4 Likes

Can you confirm there is no blocking feature on your site please? Tia

4 Likes

Perhaps you could share your experience with ribblr privately so they can get that feedback.
Major League Soccer Reaction GIF by Sporting KC

3 Likes

What experience do you mean?
Iā€™m just trying to ascertain if a feature is available or not.
As others have commented with similar interest I thought it would be more helpful to people to ask them if they could confirm the presence or absence of the feature here

3 Likes