Bulky Tunisian Cardi

I finished up a sweater for me, though bittersweet. This yarn was earmarked for a sweater for my mom. She passed before I finished it. I finally decided it was time to frog it and make something for me in her memory.

The Patons Alpaca Blend is a bulky weight that’s incredibly soft and smooshy. It fits like a hug from Mom.

26 Likes

Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry for your loss :cry::cry::cry: I love the yarn and the sweater though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

So incredibly sorry for your loss!! :cry: That’s a beautiful sweater you ended up making with the yarn. :blush:

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss, wish her rest in peace. That really nice sweater and will help you to remember her hugs. Wish you the best

5 Likes

That’s absolutely gorgeous. Really touching as well and I really appreciate you sharing, and am sorry for your great loss.

I am sure she’s proud of you, and I hope you are proud of yourself too!

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, mother’s day will be intensely sad and hard for a while (as will any days you celebrated with her). If you find yourself really depressed before an up coming holiday, just know that is why. After 20 years, I still miss my mom but the intense sadness, for the most part, has been replaced over the years with memories that can now bring smiles to my face. That beautiful cardigan/jacket will bring you comfort. My comfort was/is found in knitting while watching sports, because my mom taught me to knit and she loved watching sports, it was/is almost like having her sitting next to me. I will keep you in my prayers for peace and comfort.

4 Likes

What a beautiful sentiment. It came out great!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful

3 Likes