Calling all knitters!!

Identify yourself knitters!! So you can find each other. I know you’re there. :wink:
I’ve been seeing an increased interest in people who want to know how to knit. This is just an attempt to try to bring you all together. :smiley:

16 Likes

Roll call - here :wink:

7 Likes

Pick Me I Know GIF by Jackie James

7 Likes

Its Me Latina GIF by Tony Awards

5 Likes

Here

4 Likes

I’m also a knitter taught myself age 10 years now 56y
Knitting Yarn GIF by TeaCosyFolk

4 Likes

Hello, I knit but I haven’t in a while sadly :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

advanced beginner knitter here :smile:

6 Likes

Hand Up Its Me GIF by The Roku Channel

5 Likes

We Are Both GIF by Awkward Daytime TV
Knitter and hooker (hooker first, but do both quite equally)

3 Likes

Yes people, now make your way to the other knitters and start some :fire:

3 Likes

Hello! Nan used to get me to knit squares to be quiet then picked it up properly during lockdowns haha! Now I also crochet and do a little sewing as well but knitting was my first crafting love :relaxed:

5 Likes

Anything to get the kids quiet right?! Lol.

4 Likes

My grandmother said it was something young ladies needed to know, so I had to learn it.
She taught me the knit stitch and would have me garter stitch a square, frog it, knit it, and frog until my tension was perfect… Repeat for purl, increases decreases, cables, etc. Over and over until it was flawless, then she taught me how to bind off. Lol

6 Likes

Might have been maddening learning it but now you can have so much fun with it.

4 Likes

I was like, 7…she said that’s how it’s done and I just did it. That grandmother knitted and was a seamstress so she taught me to sew.
The other grandmother taught me to quilt, embroider, and crochet. She told me that she wouldn’t teach me how to make anything until I could chain an entire skien evenly, and then after that I still didn’t know what any of the stitches were called, she taught me to read a swatch or a chart.

4 Likes

I’ve been knitting for about 5 years now. I’ll try anything, but really love sweaters and cardigans. I I enjoy test knitting for even more challenge.

5 Likes

:person_raising_hand: oh hello!

3 Likes