Can i get to know you?

hi ribblr ((i hope i’m doing this right))

while i’m not new to crochet, i am new to the crochet/ribblr community. i’d like to get to know you

i am wondering how long you have been crocheting for and what kind of yarn did you start off using. and if there has been significant improvements/differences in what you’ve made :face_with_monocle:

i will go first! i started last october and i was using cotton. i didn’t realise cotton had no stretch in it so my fingers got sore a few times :sweat_smile: as a amigurumist, ive moved on to milk cotton(it’s a godsend) and some acrylic yarn.

i’m interested to see what have you improved on in your time crocheting! (pics pls)

11 Likes

hey there! and welcome to Ribblr!!! i started crocheting 6 months ago and releasing patterns around 2 months ago! I started out with plush yarn and actually had no issue with it or the magic ring lol and actually found my issue with worsted weight which i just FINALLY gave into trying and made my first ever wearable lol.

i think what ive improved on is overall general knowledge, like i dont want my hands to be sore from good tension so i use a slightly smaller hook to accommodate for that!

goodluck with your crochet journey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

There is no right or wrong way to use Ribblr, don’t freak out about it to much.

I’ve been crocheting for around 1.5 years now and I prefer amigurumi. I started out using acrylic yarn but now I prefer thicker yarn. I think one of the best changes I made was actually figuring out how to increase and decrease lol, which were some things that I didn’t know when I started making plushies.

A seal was my first but I’m having trouble finding it or a photo of it. These plushies are some of my more resent projects.

4 Likes

hi!! i also had no issue with the magic ring. maybe the difference was that i had someone showing me instead of watching from a video :laughing: thank you for the welcome! i appreciate it

2 Likes

I started a few weeks ago using random yarn from from a bday and a broken pen as a crochet hook lol. I could only make chains and it was so bad. Now i have real yarn and hooks and i have made a bee and i canmake amigurimi stuff and i can actually read a pattern!

Also, welcome!

3 Likes

these are so cute :face_holding_back_tears: thank you for showing. i know the first thing i ever crocheted is probably lost in a box somewhere. it was so ugly i didn’t even want to look at it :sweat_smile:

i’ve yet to venture into the thicker plushie yarn. one of my goals for this year

6 Likes

now im curious. i might have to break a pen to crochet with it :joy_cat:
this is so cute! thank you for the welcome and sharing

1 Like

i self taught after my Oma tried to teach me decades ago lmao. i do things better on my own and learning by myself anyways :rofl:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: lol

1 Like

I started crocheting in the beginning of January (or late December, not sure) and the first things I made was 2 headbands and an infinity scarf. Then I did a small octo following Hooked by Robins pattern (I think it was hers). But I think the only one I have a picture of is my 5th project and 2nd amigurumi; the “Bitty Bunny” by LePetitSaintCrochet.

3 Likes

Welcome to ribblr! I have been crocheting for 6 years! I started when I was younger around 9-10, and I love it! I just started to learn to knit 8 months ago! I just finished knitting a frog! I started using lion brand, I believe it was cotton and acrylic, then I started using red heart more. My first crochet project was a blanket for my dog, she still has it and she loves it still!! :blush:

3 Likes

I have been crocheting on and off for the past 9~10 years around the age of 8 just recently got back into crocheting and also very recently made a few pattern ideas and just need to bring them to life!

3 Likes

I started crocheting 17 years ago. I started out making squares and then blankets. I did that for about 6 years then I fell in love with amigurumi. I started out using DK yarn and then I came across plush yarn. Now I use anything from thread/cotton to really chunky plushie yarn :grin:

2 Likes

omgosh the little scarf :pleading_face: i love it ! i hope you’re enjoying amigurumi!! it’s so satisfying when you’ve added the last detail or sewn on the last limb!

1 Like

ah humble beginnings! these are still so cute :face_holding_back_tears: your dog will cherish that blanket with all her life, and you in turn. thank you so much for sharing :smiling_face:

((i just saw your caterpillar pattern and am gonna attempt it tomorrow maybe ))

2 Likes

Aww!!! I! Im so glad you like it!.:blush:

I started off using a worsted weight acrylic yarn 2 years ago and made a loaf cat from @falsebubbles
IMG_0002-removebg-preview

1 Like

Hello, I’m Lacey :slight_smile:
I received my first crochet hooks for Christmas in 2017. I was also gifted some stylecraft special DK so with this I made my very first granny squares. I didn’t crochet much or often as I had just had my 1st child. I made a couple of hats and small bits and bobs but during lockdown and after my 2nd child I started crocheting daily.

I made a disney villains c2c blanket which I finished in early 2021.
I started my crochet instagram in June 2021.

Now i’m making patterns and enjoy making blankets in sock weight yarn :joy:

My first couple of years.

Recent makes

2 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the community! I’ve been crocheting for about 8 months now. I started with worsted weight yarn, and now I’ve added embroidery floss and chenille. I had the hardest time learning to work with chenille at first lol. Adjusting my hook size has helped make it easier though! I think my general knowledge and skill has improved a bit. My tension is loads better and I’ve found I like yu/yo rather than yo/yo when it comes to anything other than chenille when making amigurumi. I’ve just recently started dipping my toes in making wearables! I’ve never stuck with a craft for so long, I’m really enjoying it. :slight_smile: I couldn’t find a picture of my very first make, but this frog is make #2 and a recent project.

turtle

1 Like

thank you for sharing lacey! you are a lot more persistent and patient than me when it comes to crocheting clothes/blankets haha :sweat_smile: i love your works

1 Like