Can someone help me?

Im new to crocheting and this app, i’m hoping this is the right place to post this. I’m trying to make a cow plush which ill show below with a pattern on YouTube but the video shows the legs much bigger then my one leg turned out. Everything I’ve made so far has turned out like this, does anyone know what im doing wrong and can give me some tips?

9 Likes

it’s because they’re using plush yarn and it looks like you’re using some kind of acrylic, so the weight of their yarn is higher, making their plush inevitably bigger. hope this helps!

9 Likes

Exactly what I was going to say

3 Likes

Your stitches also look a little off to me. It could be your tension, but it could also be the way you’re doing your single crochet stitches. I’d double-check those, as well. :blush:

2 Likes

Ok thank you! So is it ok to use acrylic yarn, i wasnt too sure about which yarn is better to use on patterns

2 Likes

Ok thank you, so should i losen my tension? I guess i could be doubling them by mistake? I’ll redo it and try again.

1 Like

I would loosen your tension slightly, but also check out a video on single crochet stitches. I know that sounds basic, but sometimes its the most simple things. :blush:

It’s definitely okay to use acrylic or plush yarn! It just depends on what look you’re going for :]

Using acrylic yarn just results in a smaller version of a plush yarn plushie :slight_smile: Some people like the look of plush yarn, and some like the look of medium weight yarn, it’s just up to you and your preference!

What size hook are you using? Is your magic ring tail on the inside of your leg? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats okay! Youre doing great. Different yarns will have a different outcome. As well as hook sizes. Just because you use the same hook as the video, you wont have the same outcome with a different yarn! But you can do projects with any yarn you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, i thought i saw her turn the leg inside out should i have kept it on the outside? Im using a 4

Thank you, that definitely helps me to worries less.

1 Like

Yes turn it inside out. When you work with amigurumi or any work. You want the "right side " in other words pretty side on the the outside

3 Likes

Ok i’ll switch it now. Thank you for the tips

1 Like

Anytime !

I assume this is the same for everyone, but I could be wrong, so someone please correct me if I am wrong… But an easy way to tell if your work is inside out/the right way round is by where the yarn tail is from when you started your magic ring.
The tail should be on the inside of your work, so if it’s dangling outside of your project, it’s the “wrong” way round.

It took me a while to really be able to tell just by looking at the stitch and I found keeping track of the tail a lot easier to know which way round I was.

4 Likes

Yup, exactly this! But ultimately, you can use whatever side you wish. Normally, people like the “right side”, but in some cases, the “wrong side” looks better… depending on what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh my makes total sense, I’ll make sure to keep it the other way then

1 Like

The other side did look a little better but i’m use to tutorials telling me to turn it inside. Its great knowing i dont technically have to so thank you both for the tips.

2 Likes