Celebrating Earth Day! ๐ŸŒŽ

As many of you know, part of our mission is to contribute towards a greener planet by reducing the amount of printing needed for reading patterns.
Itโ€™s a win-win, as Ribblr ePattern makes crafting more accessible whilst reducing our carbon footprint. On average, every 36 crafters on Ribblr save a whole tree and 200kWh of energy every year! :evergreen_tree:

And this is just the beginning! Weโ€™re always looking to improve and we believe that the best way to do it is collectively. After all - looking after the planet is looking after ourselves.

So letโ€™s promote sustainability! What are some things you recommend doing in every day life?

:cherry_blossom: Cherry Blossom Kimono (FREE pattern) :cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

I could definitely improve, and I look forward to reading some useful tips!
One thing I try to do as much as I can is to walk, instead of using cars/taxi/uber or even public transport. Itโ€™s great for physical & mental health and for the planet, of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I buy most of my stuff second hand! I love strutting around those stores - it is like an adventue for me :star_struck: I have bought most of my yarn and crafting tools second hand. Really cheat, so budget friendly!

I have also found some sweaters, then unraveling them and used to yarn to other projects :recycle:

5 Likes

Thatโ€™s a great idea! Most shops were closed here for the majority of this past year but buying second hand and donating unwanted stuff to second hand charity stores is wonderful :relaxed:

1 Like

I try to incorporate scrap yarns and fabrics into my projects , and so far it really helped with reducing my waste :3

3 Likes

Clever and useful!

Thatโ€™s amazing!

2 Likes

Blockquote

@yeoja_makes yarn scraps gives such an unique look in crafting :heart: I have a bag, where I throw all my scraps - some can be used for sweaters, some as stuffing.

1 Like

I compost all the time! With my yarn scraps I separate the threads and put them in a bag. Then, in the spring, I empty the bag under a tree where the birds can come take it and use it for their nests! Itโ€™s also ok if you have knots, donโ€™t worry about them and put them in the bag :blush: (This also works with hair)

2 Likes