Celebrating Earth Day! 🌎

As many of you know, part of our mission is to contribute towards a greener planet by reducing the amount of printing needed for reading patterns.
It’s a win-win, as Ribblr ePattern makes crafting more accessible whilst reducing our carbon footprint. On average, every 36 crafters on Ribblr save a whole tree and 200kWh of energy every year! :evergreen_tree:

And this is just the beginning! We’re always looking to improve and we believe that the best way to do it is collectively. After all - looking after the planet is looking after ourselves.

So let’s promote sustainability! What are some things you recommend doing in every day life?

:cherry_blossom: Cherry Blossom Kimono (FREE pattern) :cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

I could definitely improve, and I look forward to reading some useful tips!
One thing I try to do as much as I can is to walk, instead of using cars/taxi/uber or even public transport. It’s great for physical & mental health and for the planet, of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I buy most of my stuff second hand! I love strutting around those stores - it is like an adventue for me :star_struck: I have bought most of my yarn and crafting tools second hand. Really cheat, so budget friendly!

I have also found some sweaters, then unraveling them and used to yarn to other projects :recycle:

5 Likes

That’s a great idea! Most shops were closed here for the majority of this past year but buying second hand and donating unwanted stuff to second hand charity stores is wonderful :relaxed:

1 Like

I try to incorporate scrap yarns and fabrics into my projects , and so far it really helped with reducing my waste :3

3 Likes

Clever and useful!

That’s amazing!

2 Likes

Blockquote

@yeoja_makes yarn scraps gives such an unique look in crafting :heart: I have a bag, where I throw all my scraps - some can be used for sweaters, some as stuffing.

1 Like

I compost all the time! With my yarn scraps I separate the threads and put them in a bag. Then, in the spring, I empty the bag under a tree where the birds can come take it and use it for their nests! It’s also ok if you have knots, don’t worry about them and put them in the bag :blush: (This also works with hair)

2 Likes