Chart Creation Feedback

I’m working on adding a chart to my first pattern here on Ribblr.

Pattern Repeat Line: Is there a way to add a line around the pattern repeat? I have a bottom border, edge stitches, and a top border, plus the main body of my pattern in one chart.

Chart Keys: Is there a way to add a Key to the chart? I have knits on one side and purls on the other and I haven’t been able to figure out how to make that clear with the current options.

Adding a new symbol: My tech editor created a new symbol for a k2tog+1 stitch in one of my patterns. How do I go about adding it to the library?

1 Like

Hi Julia and welcome to Ribblr!

We don’t have an option to add customized symbols or borders to the interactive charts at the moment. The interactive charts are accessible from within the pattern, so we recommend adding notes about special stitches and how to work the chart as an informational line in your pattern.
If you prefer, though, you can add an existing chart as an attached media file.

We’re constantly updating and improving our interactive charts so your feedback is very valuable.
Thanks and let us know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

I’ve worked with charts but still am not too comfortable with them. Does Ribblr allow you to “mark” the row you are on, so you can see where you left off when you pick up the project to work on it again.

1 Like

Hi Anita! Lir fron Ribblr here :slight_smile:
Yes definitely! Not only that, but you can also mark the specific cell where you stopped, and your progress will be saved and synced across all of your devices!

2 Likes

Cool:). Too bad it can’t “translate” between written & charted… too much to ask, I know. I’ve seen gorgeous charted only patterns I would love a written version of.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answers and suggestions! :slight_smile: I’m really looking forward to this space becoming more developed and becoming more of a hub for patterns and community.

2 Likes