Christmas patterns

Hey, I know its a bit early but trying to be prepared.
I’d love to make some xmas themed gifts for my nana for xmas.
I was hoping the lovely people here may have some they can recommend. Preferably ones you have tried, happy to check out your own patterns.
I’m looking for smaller makes to put in a fancy tin for her to open.
She doesn’t use a tree but we can put decor around on her walls etc.
Thanks in advanced for any help :grinning:

Edit: I should have mentioned, she has christmas tree hanging decor from my mother she keeps up all year so I don’t need anything christmas tree themed.
Thanks again

11 Likes

Well you can probably use ribblr’s search option and use the keyword ‘christmas’ or ‘xmas’. Personally i haven’t tried any of the xmas patterns but I’m sure there are some cute ones! I think i have a couple xmas pillow cases saved on my wishlist to create.

Some suggestions for items to make tho, maybe plushie presents or a little christmas tree (like, stuffed, so they’re just decor items). Or maybe some crocheted/knit christmas light bulbs and you can string them up like a little garland somewhere. Or a snowman?

Or snowflake doilies/placemats. Maybe some christmas colored hot pads/hand towels would be nice.

6 Likes

Here’s some patterns on Ribblr you can consider.

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions.
I was hoping for patterns people knew how they worked up as my health is poor right now and I’ll struggle to remake things and make bad things, discard and make something else.
She has xmas tree decorations from my mum so looking for other idea but I think I’ll look as some of your suggestions as wall hangings. Updated my post to include more info. Thanks so much

6 Likes

Thanks so much, I should have said I didn’t need christmas tree themed items but didn’t think my brain was fixated of baubles and hangers people may suggest. I think the dishcloth would make a cute hanging for her so will check that out. Thanks again :green_heart:

5 Likes

I saw this Christmas ornaments pattern yesterday, it’s pretty darn cute. Nativity Heart: Crochet pattern | Ribblr

5 Likes

I made the Velvety Christmas Gnome last year. Don’t know if that helps.

4 Likes

there are some good tutorials on youtube for little gingerbread men, holly leaves and mistletoe :blush:

4 Likes

just saw this on my search page and thought it was pretty cute (could be adapted if your nan doesnt have a tree though) : )

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing :green_heart:

4 Likes

I don’t know that one but a gnome is such a great idea. Definitely gonna make a xmas gnome for her :heart_eyes:

Edit, found the velvet one :sparkles:

4 Likes

I made some pigs in blakets last year but she could definitely get more. I actually forgot I had made them til I read this :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe my ornament? Works up super fast and isn’t too complicated. #ShamlessPlug lol

4 Likes

There’s look great, I can make them smaller for her to add to her crocheted wall hanging tree :heart_eyes: thanks so much

4 Likes