Chromebook users?

Anyone else here use a Chromebook for Ribblr. I canā€™t get my patterns to open correctly and it seems to be just me. They open zoomed in and more like a pdf when I scroll down to the tiny pattern. The 2nd picture (and 3rd) is when I minimize the screen to 25%. It canā€™t be just me, can it?

4 Likes

Is this all patterns?
I believe a Chromebook should work the same as a Chrome on any other device-
Did you try a different browser though, or incognito? It could be that there some issue with the settings/cookies on your browser.

3 Likes

It is all patterns that I checked. It just happened yesterday. Not sure how to change browsers. But I will try.

3 Likes

Saar, you are amazing. Not sure I ever saw the incognito choice before but I tried it and it worked. Odd. Thanks. I guess I can keep working that way, but I feel like I need a hat and dark glasses ā€¦ ha

(I right clicked on the browser circle to get there)

Screenshot 2022-06-03 9.08.41 AM

5 Likes

My pleasure! You can probably solve it and not use incognito if you head over to Chrome settings, then click privacy and security and then click ā€˜clear browsing dataā€™ - be sure to only check website/settings that youā€™re happy to erase, as if you delete it all it will delete your history as well as active sessions (places you are logged in to). Also make sure to select the correct ā€˜time rangeā€™!

4 Likes

That one will have to wait until my head is more ready. Glad to be able to have it work incognito at least.

4 Likes

I can check on my chrome book, but I typically use my phone and it works well : )

2 Likes

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Oh shucks, someone got a photo of me ā€¦

3 Likes

I didnā€™t ā€œbe sure to onlyā€ very well. But at least it worked. Thank you so much.

4 Likes

oops. It should be retrievable just a little bit of time and headache. Glad itā€™s been sorted though.
What happens is Chrome tries to be the quickest and most efficient browser, so they tend to save lots of files locally on your computer (or RAM). Thatā€™s not a problem in general, unless you have a slow/old computer, but then sometimes if a website goes through an update it can mess this up. It happens to me rather frequently!

4 Likes

Itā€™s good to know. I like helping find bugs. Just this one was mine. Hahaha

4 Likes