[CLOSED] Tester Call: Ember the Loving Dragon

Since this is a community designed pattern, I’d like to thank all of you that voted in the polls and submitted names. This is gonna be such a cute make. You may notice that it’s missing some features. I’m posting a tester call as soon as possible cause I’d like the pattern to be ready by January 31. Note that it’s a rather big plushie, being 8 x 7" with weight 3 yarn. More details on how it’s going to go:

Since the pattern is not finished, the full pattern won’t be accessible all at once. Some parts are definite and won’t change, so those will be available right away! The body and limbs are not subject to change. Some details will be added to them, but they’ll essentially have the same instructions.

This is an easy-intermediate pattern. I’ll be available to answer all your questions though.

You will need:

• Dk yarn in the color of your choice (about 250 yards)
  • Dk yarn in one or two colors depending if you want the details to be the same colors or not (100-150 yards for each, I’m being generous with the amount to make sure we have enough)
  • 3.25mm (D) hook
  • Scissors
  • Yarn needle
  • Polyester filling
  • Either safety eyes, buttons or felt for the eyes
  • Wires or pipe cleaners for shaping (the tail shape is optional but I’m not sure yet how I want to do the wings)

Requirements, please only apply if you meet these criterias:

• Finish project and send notes and pictures before January 31.
  • Create a journal on Ribblr and post your progress in it.
  • Be at least advanced beginner (some parts might be a little complicated for you if not).
  • Do not post to social media before release date.
  • Be willing to let me use your photos for promotion of the pattern, with proper credits given of course.
  • Do not distribute pattern.

Once testers are chosen, I will create a group conversation so we can all help each other!

27 Likes

Small update :slight_smile: the spine has begun

12 Likes

Ahhh my gosh! It’s so cute!!!

6 Likes

Yeah… I kinda think I flopped on this one :sweat_smile: no applications yet. Maybe I’ll redesign it.

5 Likes

i would love to test!

7 Likes

Yayyy a tester! This reassures me :sweat_smile: I’ll add ypu very soon!

5 Likes

This is super cute! I loved the process used to come up with the design. I would love to test as well :blush:

7 Likes

I added you!

6 Likes

Thank you!!

5 Likes

I would of loved to test this for you, i enjoyed the voting process, although im in the middle of testing for someone else right now. I hope it goes well for you! and the design you came up with is so adorable!!

7 Likes

Thanks :heart: well we can spill on the first week of Feb if people need more time so let me know, you can always apply later :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you can stretch to first week of February I would love to test Ember. I have enjoyed the process so far.

5 Likes

I would happily test this for you :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yes!

4 Likes

I’ll add you!

5 Likes

Thank you! :dragon:

6 Likes

Good luck with testing AND designing ember! Really like the whole we build our plush process you took on this one!

5 Likes

4 Likes

If you’re still looking for testers, I’d love to test Ember!

5 Likes

Wow Ember looks really cute if you are still looking for testers I would happily test the pattern for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

5 Likes