*CLOSED* TESTER CALL: Lydia Halter Top

Hello! I’m looking for testers for my knit, cropped, halter top. Sizes XS-5X using worsted weight yarn. I’d recommend this for intermediate knitters because there are decreases, increases, and an I-cord bind-off, but with tutorials it would probably fine for a first garment! I would like pictures and notes/journals/questions. The time period will probably be about 4 weeks from receiving the pattern but that’s relatively flexible.

3 Likes

I would love to test this in a DK weight by going up a size and also making it longer as I don’t have the body type for a cropped top. I am an intermediate knitter. The only thing mentioned that I don’t know how to do without a video tutorial is the i-cord bind off which I have on my next to-do list to learn

Hi, I would like to test your halter top :grin:

Ok. This is a pretty fitted top, so it would be hard to make it much longer and still fit, but you can go up a size and try it. I’ll gift you the pattern later today. Thanks!

Awesome thanks! I’m going to make one or two last pattern edits and then I’ll gift it to you later today.

Also I have an I-cord bind-off tutorial linked in the pattern so don’t worry about that.

Thanks! I feel so grateful with you! I hope to make a good job!

1 Like

thank you very much. I think that is something that you as the designer would be interested and have the notes on for when you publish the pattern.

1 Like

I would love to test your pattern if you still need more testers. What size needles would I need?

I used US 6 / 4.00 mm circular needles but I knit very loosely so US 8 would be more likely.

1 Like

Tester slots are full now, I’ll send out the pattern to everybody who’s responded so far. Also, could everyone tell me what size you’re planning to make and any potential modifications?

1 Like

Ok, great. Thank you for allowing me to test it. It’s so cute! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for sending the pattern. I’d like to make a size M if that’s ok. Can’t wait to get started! :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Aridsiari @StellasYarnUniverse and @CraftySharleen how are your tops going? Do you have any questions or comments? I’m releasing the pattern on Friday.

1 Like

Hi! I finished the last week, I tag you on instagram, in a few hours send you my comments in a message :grin:

1 Like

Hi, so sorry about the radio silence. I got completely distracted by work but will finish it now and send you the rest of my notes and pictures tonight. I’ll also share it on Insta. Would you like me to wait with that until after the release? :blush:

You’re welcome to share whenever! More publicity is helpful.

1 Like

Ok, that’s great. I’ll share it tomorrow :blush:

I have had to re-do the pattern a few times. I have noticed that the sizing is a bit of a small size. So far when I did my size it was too small and then the next size up was also too small. So I am now working on the largest size. That is the size that seems to fit the XL frame of my body so far. I don’t have much of it done just yet but I am getting there. And I will take a picture of it soon.

You used DK, right? So even if the gauge is the same the stretch might be a little different.