Cold feet warm slippers, free adaptable pattern

Someday I intend to adapt these to fit more sizes. Until then I added tips to help you adjust them, if needed. These were made to fit my women’s 8 wide feet. Stay warm.

4 Likes

Yaaay cool I wanted to make one and can be adjusted.

I have one question if am gonna make one for any member of the family do i need to measure it on them or is there a standard way to follow and can suite any one. I tried to made one befire but barely suited my feet or i can say was exactly as my feet size as I keep try it every round to check the size.

Thank you will try to make it :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

You could probably just change the yarn thickness, or hook size and get that to make different sizes. Might work for you.

You could put what you try in a journal, so we could compare.

3 Likes

Will see that i will try, i was really wandering how people make them then sell them and suits most people. Thanks dear :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Oh yes i remembered something what the best yarn is the thick one or the thinner to make socks or slippers. What about slipping do you use something for that.

2 Likes

There are a lot of patterns for slippers. Maybe you should hunt one of them down. Then the sizing would be there for you. I like the thick yarn myself, but it depends on the pattern you find. I do have some spray for the bottom, but haven’t used it yet. You could add a piece of leather or something too. Slipping is the main reason I don’t make them for others. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Yes yes you are right not easy to find something good for slipping as i tried some but wasnt as expected.

Will check some patterns to get used to and with more practice and different try may find the best way for sizes :pray: thank you :blush:

3 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn and @Yarmihoo I use Silicone Gasket Maker on the bottom of the slippers I make. I just put dots of it randomly on the bottoms and it doesn’t come off when you wash and dry them. It works really well. :blush:

6 Likes

I bought super grip fabric spray. I should try it I guess … :thinking:

4 Likes

@Lakeviewknitter thanks for sharing, maybe will try it out, will check where I can find it, is it available on amazon or not, can you give us an idea. :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: and is it ok i can use it in different items or just for socks and slippers.:thinking:

3 Likes

I checked and it is available on Amazon but my husband is a farmer and buys it where automobile parts are sold. It is usually used for gaskets on engines and transmissions but I thought it would also work to stop slippers from being “slippery”. It keeps its grip and stays soft through washing and drying. :blush: You could probably also put a little bit on the bottom of other items you do not want to slide around.

2 Likes

Yaaaay thanks dear, yeah i checked and get many different types so need to make small searches and try one with one of old slippers I had to check it first then will try it with different items. Am really thankful for you to share it with us :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

Dear i checked the paytern but on first of beginning you didnt mentioned to in magic ring to ch2 then work 9dc.

3 Likes

Fixed! Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome dear, is that ok to make them with a bernet blanket yarn or not. :thinking: was thinking todo that. The mosthing i like it on your picture is the neon yellow :yellow_heart: :heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

Try it. :grin: Cozy! I used Bernat Softee Chunky for a pair.

3 Likes

Yaaaay then will try it out and will share result with you :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: have a good day :blush:

3 Likes