compatability suggestions- chrome

for most of my crafting stuff, I use a chromebook.
I have found that there are many functions of the ribbuild that are not compatible with the chromebook, as well as several functions of the ribblr patterns.
In order to load a pattern, I have to type it into ribbuild, backing out repeatedy due do random floating boxes that will not go away (the most often is in color selection for yarn in the material list) or a line not opening or closing properly if it was just opened. (as in just wrote it or edited it and it isn’t right but I can’t open it again)
When I attempt to just copy and paste an instruction, it will automatically format it into random multiple lines of instruction 3 or 4 words long.
charts cannot be zoomed in or out, they only show up huge. so if I want to see my entire chart, I have to go back to my phone and look at it
photos can not be loaded from chrome, I have to write the pattern, then go to my phone to insert photos (this one is the entire site, for any photo)
and this one is small, but any photos in the community page is also enormous and I have to open the post to see it , which automatically makes me follow that post and I have to manually turn that off.
anyone else have these issues?

6 Likes

Omgosh, that sounds like a nightmare!

@Ribblr

3 Likes

I typically use the app on my phone for patterns. Have you tried using a different web browser? That sounds so frustrating!!

3 Likes

I’m old, I don’t want to use my tiny phone for writing the patterns and I’m already using Firefox on Linux on the chromebook, but I still keep getting “not supported on Chrome” and"format not supported"for so many features

4 Likes

I know both Firefox and Chromebook in general have many limitations (the issue with zooming in the chart is to do with Firefox limitations) but that doesn’t sound right and not as intended for sure. Your experience must be better and our team will be here to assist you.
Since we didn’t have such reports could you kindly take some screen grabs (you can even film your screen with your phone) and send it to our team directly @Ribblr ?

4 Likes

Next time I’m in there, I’ll capture all of it I come across

5 Likes

Thanks! Sorry you’ve had issues with your experience. Ribblr exists to enhance and improve your crafting experience and we’re getting better and better thanks to feedback like yours. :blush:

5 Likes

That’s what I was just thinking!

2 Likes