CONTROVERSIAL TOPIIIIC!!! poll

Are you a no sew bc u hate sewing person, a i like sewing bc its good to know how, or a i prefer either bc of whatever reason.

• I like no sew patterns better because I hate to sew
  • I like sew patters better because sewing is a good skill to know and use to expand your craft
  • I am neutral because (tell in the comments)
0 voters
18 Likes

Hand sewing I can do. Machine sewing is a big NO WAY.

6 Likes

No yeah i mean hand sewing like limbs onto plushies. :heart: but machine sewing :fearful:

6 Likes

Okay I knowww you mean crochet showing, but needle and thread sewing is also a great skill/way to expand your craft!
But crochet sewing, i love it and actually find it relaxing XD what i dont like is losing my needles :skull:

7 Likes

I enjoy sewing minimally and know when it’s necessary in a pattern, but when I have to sew on 15 little doll limbs, it just isn’t going to get done
So I guess I prefer low-sew patterns?

4 Likes

I guess no sew is my fave but low sew is fine too

2 Likes

I don’t mind sewing but it’s not like I’d rather have a pattern with sewing instead of without. Don’t get me wrong, no sew patterns are amazing but sometimes you need to sew to get the look you want​:yellow_heart:

7 Likes

I like needle and thread sewing too.

6 Likes

It’s not the sewing itself that I hate, I actually enjoy the process. My problem is that I’m a perfectionist and I have problems with replicating the EXACT same position with symmetrical pieces (or getting something like a muzzle looking ‘just right’). I end up redoing it several times, and then the yarn starts fraying, and the whole thing gets very frustrating. I recently made a pattern with sewing involved just to keep up my skill, and remembered exactly why I started designing no-sew patterns. So far I’ve found that anything can be no-sew if you puzzle it out for long enough.

7 Likes

I mean i love no sew because sometimes when sewing things go on crooked but when sewing you can add so much more detail and make it look anyway you want.

3 Likes

YESS THIS

5 Likes

Im neutral because it truly depends on the pattern for me

3 Likes

When I was a lot younger I did cross stitch, needlepoint and Crewel (needlepoint using a thin yarn instead of thread). So I really don’t mind mending or hand stitching.

But I just loathe the sewing machine. Tried to learn in junior high but our class had too many students for the one teacher they had. I transferred to cooking and did much better. That I already knew how to do

4 Likes

I like both I mean it’s nice to have No sew patterns but sewing on a body part is not that much of a problem, but I don’t like a WHOLE bunch of sewing bc I’m not perfect.

2 Likes

Loosing needles is the worst :sob: I just recently found my favorite one that was lost for months. I keep mine in a pill botttle lol one of those clear orange ones

4 Likes

I’m not a perfectionist but I swear, I can not put eyes in/make a face straight to save my life. I always show my family what I make and then my sister points out that the face is crooked (it’s fine though it isn’t in a mean way). It honestly doesn’t even bother me anymore because it happens so often. We always get excited when I actually do manage to make a symmetrical face though! :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I am neither for nor against.
My personal issue with sewing is it’s not always the same one each side ( fix for that is Amigurumi sewing sticks)
So for me that isn’t a good argument for myself which is why im not for or against. I love both.

5 Likes

I’m neutral because I used to do some embroidery and I still hand sew a bit (I tried machine sewing and it just wasn’t my thing), but I do prefer lower amounts of sewing.

6 Likes

I’m sorta neutral.
I like no sew patterns because they’re easy and smoother going, but sometimes you just gotta see to get a certain look.
As for fabric type sewing, I like hand sewing little felt foods (very wonky foods lol, I’m not experienced with making different shapes in sewing) I also like the concept of machine sewing, but it’s stressful sometimes. Welll, it would probably be easier if I actually put effort into learning how ( a little caught up in crochet atm)… but the end result is worth it!

4 Likes

I love to sew whether it’s machine sewing or hand sewing I’m ready for it

4 Likes