Cowl Pattern - Droplets of Starlight

Hello, I have just published my first paid pattern to Ribblr, and this is my shameless plug to promote it. I have 4 other free patterns available (soon to be another 6).

Please take a little look, I have placed it on an introductory sale offer.

Many thanks
Emily

9 Likes

Congrats Emily! It looks really nice and colorful! :rainbow:

2 Likes

WOW this yarn!!! :heart_eyes:
Love this cowl!! And it’s the perfect rainbow yarn!
Which yarn did you use?

1 Like

Knit Picks Chroma - colourway was Lollipop (not sure if it is discontinued or not)

3 Likes

I had a look and can’t find the colorway, so it is probably discontinued… too bad! This is stunning!

2 Likes

Dear All,

I’m really sorry - but due to pattern piracy (these patterns were available on ravelry - this is where they were obtained) I have decided to remove this pattern from my Ribblr shop.

If you would still like a copy please contact me and I will email it to you for free. (as there is no point selling a pattern that is on several other websites).

I have also removed Steephill Cove Cowl, and Bumpkin Bob’s Halloween Wreath.

Many thanks
Emily

1 Like

Sad. If I read that correctly, someone else posted your pattern for sale elsewhere? If so, is there something you can do?

1 Like

Yes,
I originally published this and my other patterns for free on Ravelry and was doing a name check n new patterns I’m about to release - and discovered my patterns were on other websites - ones I’ve never heard of, and can’t access to tell them they’ve republished without my permission.

This is an ongoing problem for sites (mainly Ravelry) that use pdfs. As far as I can tell none of my Ribblr patterns have been ‘lifted’.

Thank you for expressing your concern.
Emily

4 Likes

It’s very upsetting to hear this has happened to you @thebobshavelanded ! :pensive:
Unfortunately, pattern piracy has been increasing over the years and it’s one of the key reason why we started Ribblr and developed Ribblr ePattern - so that we can support designers like you and protect you.

Even though Ribblr ePattern provides the ultimate protection for designers, we always want to do more and we’re soon launching a campaign to raise awareness. :purple_heart:

If you have any suggestions or thoughts we’re always glad to receive feedback!

4 Likes