Crafting for kindness exchange *free pattern*

Hello crafty friends! One of my favorite things to do is to make hand crafted items and give them out as gifts of kindness! Sometimes I give them directly to people (which is helping me overcome my social anxiety!!!:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:) and some times I just leave them around for people to find. I hope by doing so, not only will it brighten someone’s day, but hopefully encourage others to look for ways that they can be a blessing as well!

To celebrate the spirit of Christmas I would like to exchange my new Christmas pattern Gumdrop Gang :

For acts of kindness! It can be a new act of kindness or something you’ve done in the past. Just leave your story in the comments below and I will gift the pattern to you! Always remember, “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference!”

34 Likes

You reminded me of when I was part of the Giving Bunny Project!!!
It was a sewing bunny pattern and the point was to give it away by leaving it in random places with a tag! It had the link of where you could find the pattern and i believe they even taught you HOW to sew it together! It was easy enough for anyone to learn :heart:

I loved going to places and leaving the bunny behind, and coming back a couple of hours later just to see it was already gone! It was a great feeling!!

20 Likes

This is so cool! I’ve never hear of this! What an awesome idea!!!

11 Likes

It was YEARS ago! But i should definitively start doing it again! Thanks for the lost memory lol

Also thank you for the pattern!!!

12 Likes

I didn’t craft anything, but I did buy a book for a little boy whose mom was divorced and having a hard time getting gifts for birthday, so I sent him a usborne book for his birthday. He loved it.

13 Likes

I was in a group called random acts of crochet kindness that done this. I donated a bunch of things to a SEN group, inspired by them.
Its great to help others when we can :green_heart:

14 Likes

That was so kind of you! I bet that meant a lot to him!

13 Likes

Oh so cool! I’ve done some of those too!!! I found them on Facebook! It’s so cool to see all of the things the crochet community come up with!

12 Likes

It was I love share the usborne books with children because they are so educational and my heart goes out to those that can’t afford things for special days

12 Likes

I got them on facebook. They had sweet patterns and tags in the files on the group but last I checked they were having to check everything for copywrited materials.
It was super lovely seeing people who found items come and comment and tell everyone how special it was to them :green_heart:

12 Likes

Those usborne books are so cool!

11 Likes

Well, don’t necessarily want to toot my horn. I do all kinds of little things: get homeless people (especially if they are mentally ill) some hot food from a local restaurant (don’t give cash out), allow people to get in front of me when needing to merge in traffic, offer rides to females who look alone and are walking on side of road, wait patiently with a smile on my face when behind an elderly person, get items from top shelf in grocery store for people, if an older person looks like they can’t find what they’re looking for I help them find it, pay for gas for people, treating everyone with dignity especially the crabby ones, when calling people like the doctors office always ask “How you doing”., when opportunity presents itself leave positive reviews I e surveys, look for people’s name tag and thank them by name, I keep a certain amount of cash every month to bless people with who are in need or to be an encouragement, support small businesses as much as I can, I smile at everybody, I have donated “nice” clothes to girls in need, ( I remember reading a blig entitled “Stop giving us your crap), I donate my household goods to Salvation Army, and lastly before I moved to VA, I helped out with setting up and passing out food for those in need.
I have goals next year to make toys for children and teenagers in the foster care system .

18 Likes

Oh wow! I love that you have incorporated kindness into every part of your life! I know you are such a blessing to those around you!

10 Likes

By the way your wish list is private​:wink:

8 Likes

God Bless Angel GIF

10 Likes

That’s such a sweet idea!

10 Likes

Usborne books are pretty awesome!

9 Likes

Love this! :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

That’s such a wonderful act!

10 Likes

My mom, my kids and i make cookies and decorations for the senior center, i love to see their eyes light up, my kids also help mow lawns in the summer and shovel in the winter for the elderly.
I am currently making beanies for the homeless and the shelters in my area, and will be starting beanies for babies for the hospital in a few days.

9 Likes