Creating Google Account For Crochet Business Help

hi! so i got myself in a bit of a pickle by creating a business acc on google (instead of personal) for my crochet business and i don’t know if that was the right thing to do. im a bit nervous right now because i really want to have the email that i used for the business account and now i can’t use it if i try to make a personal one.

anywho, my question is if it was the right thing to create a business acc for my small business than creating a personal one. should i delete the business one and create a personal one?

9 Likes

I would have both, in school I was taught to create an email with my actual name that would be used for professional things for the future like when applying for jobs, etc and have something separate for myself. I remember them mentioning something like thinking what the company would think having to email someone with

BigPurpleSnail@gmaiI

Vs

JaneDoe@gmaiI

Of course it wasn’t exactly like that it was awhile back but I don’t see why it would be an issue to have a business email and another personal email, I believe that’s normal but I could be wrong

5 Likes

I think you should keep the buisness one but add another email that slightly different than the business email you used as a personal email so you can try them both out and see which one you like better.

2 Likes

my school taught us that too! i just don’t know what the difference is i guess with what google has for the business google account and the personal one, like the different things included for each one if that makes sense. i also don’t know which one would be better to use for like a small business since it’s nothing huge but idk :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

oooh i like that! i just want to have an email for like questions and maybe even custom orders, nothing too big :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thats what mine is, and I use personal. :sweat_smile:
Just preference

2 Likes

i’m just a little upset since i can’t switch the business account to a personal one :sob: i really want my email to be the same​:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

If you want to you could delete it
Or mine is hooked.on.huggables.crochet@gmail
I spiced it up a bit :skull:

3 Likes

oh my gosh i love that, that’s so funny :joy:

wait…

can i steal your idea…?

its actually so smart

3 Likes

Of course!!!

1 Like

I have a few myself. Some are for business purposes while others are for personal use. I’d encourage anyone to have both.
I don’t keep all my eggs in one basket either. I have a hotmail and proton as well. That might seem to be a lot for some but it helps me stay organized.

1 Like

what is the business one? like how does it differ from the personal one?