Creativity amongst struggles

This precious doll is gonna be another favorite of mine. Maybe just because I keep re-doing parts of her. :rofl:

Start with the adorable boots. I love them. But really struggled with the black yarn. Oh my … (then, the shorts under the skirt also.) :wink:

Today I did the 18 rows of the shirt and connected the arms. It took me 8 hours. WOW. I was done with the rows when I noticed I missed a couple stitches. They were hard to find, but I did, and I frogged (rip it rip it) back to the 4th or 5th row. Counted better this time but was still missing some stitches. Noticed if I sit up straight it works better, today anyway.

So, I got the arms connected again and I am so happy with the progress, no matter how long it took.

I love testing. This is not a complaint, at all, but a reminder that we should be enjoying this hobby, these amazingly creative outlets we all have.

15 Likes

I saw your picture of the boots and skirt earlier, I love the color pattern on the skirt, it’s similar to a project I have in testing right now

6 Likes

The skirt isn’t finished, I need buttons attached is all though. But, I wanted to see the view. I had to do this color scheme when I put them together. So perfect.

5 Likes

This is great! I agree, I love the colors you used!

6 Likes

Looks amazing. I love seeing your different dolls you are testing

5 Likes

I love the way the skirt is designed.

4 Likes

I forgot to mention my size D hook bent. Curved in the middle. bent it back and it never felt right again. It seemed like it twisted when I grabbed the yarn to pull through. Blamed it on me for a while. Switched hooks and it was fine. Seems odd, but …

4 Likes

How angry do you get at the yarn?! I can honestly say that I don’t think I could bend one of my hooks with my bare hands even if I were being paid for it!

4 Likes

Just the tiny hooks. :rofl:
My first E hook wore the paint off it. :slight_smile:
Just saying, it’s been a tough week for me, but I still love this hobby. :yarn:

5 Likes

I have a set of boye books I’ve had for at least 40 years now… I seem to be missing a couple and have like 5 F’s and I’m sure my daughter had something to do with that… And I have a set of steels inherented from my grandmother that are around 100 years old. I suppose I’ll still have the same inventory at the end of my life

5 Likes

I have some small steels also. Gifted from my mother in law. Really small ones. Not sure where they are now but looking forward to finding them when I rearrange / clean. I have multiple sets of Boye hooks which are my favorite. I do have some Susan Bates also, but I don’t really like them. I teach my children / grandchildren to crochet and give out hooks all the time, so I’m really not sure what I have now. I also used to keep the hook with the project. So I still find more once in a while.

5 Likes