*cries in creative block*

iā€™ve picked up three different projects today and put them all down after a row or two :sob: not the start to the week off i wanted

do any of you lose your crojo often? what do you do to combat it?

6 Likes

Take a nap.
Eat something- protein.
Go for a walk
Go out with friends
Read a book
Clean house
Forgive someone
Basically, HALT, hungry, angry, lonely, tired. Address those and then come back to it. That is what works for me.
Donā€™t give up, it isnā€™t gone forever!

6 Likes

this is all really good advice!

iā€™m not in a position to follow much of it rn but i will definitely be filing this away for later thank you

4 Likes

that happens to my knitting sometimes, everyone goes through it. I follow a knitter on Youtube and when sheā€™s lost the mojo to finish something she puts it in her ā€œ30 mins a dayā€ pile as she picks it up for 30 mins a day until itā€™s finished. I think, sometimes, seeing something almost done is enough to recharge that mojo.

5 Likes

I usually grab my phone and go for a walk. Take picture of things that inspire me. Last time was a couple of weeks ago I had just said ugh to a couple of projects I need to get done. I was helping my exes mom move into her new place and I took multiple pics of some beautiful abstract wall hangings. One spun me into a shopping trip to get yarn. I have a problem though I canā€™t deal with multiple W.I.P.S at once. So it made me finish the other to projects ahead of schedule so I can make my shawl. Iā€™ll take pics soon to show it off.

4 Likes

Do another craft until I see something brings it back.

4 Likes

One of the reasons why I wonā€™t make anything to sell is that ā€œhave to get it doneā€. People have asked! It just kills the desire to crochet in me.
I want a peaceful relaxing hobby-not a job. I want to do a very good job, not ā€œhurry up and get it doneā€.

3 Likes

i feel that but i also feel that with making things for yourself thereā€™s never any reason to finish anything so personally i tend to, not to

this could be the Sads talking but sometimes it feels like thereā€™s no way to win

3 Likes

i never used to be a multiple wips on the go kinda crafter but when lockdown hit that went completely out the window - iā€™m trying to get back to that one big wip only space

i had a win day yesterday where i finished a bunch of small wips but that energy is gonzo

3 Likes

Oh, I make stuff for others all the time, they just donā€™t know it! :wink:
I only have 1 bin of finished projects at home and those are baby layettes Iā€™ve been working on for my grandchildren.
Grand babies going to be popping in about 5-7 years and I wonā€™t be able to make anything fast enough! :flushed::flushed:

5 Likes

oh wow exciting stuff!!

3 Likes

Another thought : abandon all the WIPs you have-refuse to think about them. Go find a small crochet project that is NOT practical and tickles your fancy.
That has worked for me a couple of times.
I made this silly thing once- it helped.

3 Likes

Thinking of you, how are you?

3 Likes

I once had a full month of creative block, it was sad.šŸ„²

4 Likes

me? getting by - found a change of scenery helped

how are you?

3 Likes

oof does not sound fun

4 Likes

Iā€™m good Just checking on you cuz you felt blah the other day. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t, but Iā€™m good now :relaxed:

4 Likes

thats so sweet! donā€™t worry though, iā€™m always glum but when i donā€™t have work or crochet to distract me its a Bad Time

3 Likes

thatā€™s good to hear! :blush:

4 Likes