Crochet block

Has anyone else been have crochet block recently?

I’ve been having a lot of trouble finding the motivation to crochet recently, and I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions on how to get back into crocheting. I have a lot of stuff that I need to crochet and I’m kind of sick of not wanting to crochet because I haven’t had the motivation to crochet in weeks.

11 Likes

what i tey to do is make something small like a ball, washcloth, just a simple small thing that kind if reminds your brain “Hey! I like doing this lol”

6 Likes

Sometimes i find a break is best, or focusing on things that youre personally interested in.

For instance, after market season i am BURNT out on my usual projects. So i treated myself to a herschnerrs blanket pack as I havent had a meditative crochet experience in a while.

Or, like i mentioned, a break. Even if just for a few days do something else that sounds fun. Videogaming, reading, etc.

6 Likes

I like looking at what others are making or see if a test peaks my interest

5 Likes

That happened to me over the summer. I had to take a super long break from crocheting because I had pushed myself too hard. The best advice I can give you is to take a break. The more you push it, the more crochet block you get.
Also, whenever I watch crochet youtube videos it makes me want to crochet, so maybe try that?
Good luck :sparkles:

6 Likes

I agree. You will need to take a break from creating. Maybe crochet for fun for a while or even just walk away from crocheting until you have that spark of creativity. The idea for new ideas will hit you when you least expect it! Don’t ever be discouraged to create! You have a beautiful mind for creativity! I can’t wait for your spark to shine!!

6 Likes

Absence makes the heart grow fonder! If you end up wanting to make something in a bit, start off with something small. :two_hearts: Sending crojo!

5 Likes

this happened to me too. I tok a long break from crocheting I wanted to do it but i wasn’t motivated. TAKE THE BREAK U NEED! You will come back to crochet when you feel like it. don’t force yourself!

5 Likes

I have been there and right now my shoulders are inflamed. I continue until my elbow screams. So I take breaks to save my tenders. Even crocheter ends up with crocheting block. We need to take a break and unwind, or we end up in depression. It has happen to me.

2 Likes

I do another craft, I am also a quilter, or read a good book or two, or play video games. If I’m on a deadline I will slog through a project and then take a break. Mostly I just need motivation to work on something, like a grandchild needs or wants something, or one of my kids.

3 Likes

I draw and use my own drawing on a pillow. I embroidery. Also I write poems.

2 Likes

I like to write a list of things to crochet, and then look at it whenever I have crochet block! I also like to look at Pinterest for ideas :)) Hope this helps!!

2 Likes

I look at Pinterest and other yarn sites. I crochet by looking more. It is interesting learning to read patterns and learn new ideas.

2 Likes

I apply to test a cute pattern and I’m not allowed to quit otherwise I’m disappointing the person I’m testing for. And then I fall in love with crocheting all over again!

3 Likes

It’s wonderful to know we fall in love with patterns to do.

1 Like

I like to watch crochet videos to get inspiration, or small “projects” that don’t take too much mental space, yk? (Think small plushies, small graphs, etc =) )

2 Likes