Crochet Cancer Challenge

Join if you’d like. I’m a survivor of Cancer, sadly my husband was not a survivor.

39 Likes

I’m so sorry :pensive: I’d love to join this challenge :heart:

7 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss, but you are an incredibly strong, brave and sweet person. Just a few questions - how do i get invovled ? And can i still get involved in the UK?
Thank you :heart::sparkles:

8 Likes

I’m so sorry! My mom is a breast cancer survivor, I would love to join

9 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss​:pensive:
I’m also a cancer survivor. I’m interested. :blush::heart:
What do you have in mind?

8 Likes

How do I join?

6 Likes

Found a link to the site for anyone else interested Cancer Challenge - Sweet Potato 3

8 Likes

Thank you for finding a link! As a cancer survivor myself, I know just how meaningful a hat can be. If folks are interested in doing something similar in other months I highly recommend Knots of Love! I’m not sure if they operate outside the US, would love to hear how folks connect with chemo patients to donate in other countries :white_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you!:heart:

6 Likes

You sign up for the daily newsletter in link above. All details are within the link, the daily features are free for 24 hours.

This promotion is till the end of the month.

She has some free printable - tags for the hats

You can crochet any size
any yarn except

1. animal due to “itchiness”
  2. RHSS ( too scratchy)- just the Super Saver is a no no
  3. 100% cotton. ( loses shape)
    So something that would be soft to the head, washable and holds it shape well.

All that is asked in exchange for 30 days of pattern is that you crochet and give away one hat for each pattern you download.

In the spirit of sisterhood, when visiting designer of that free hat of the day, stop and read their story. Just a couple of paragraphs shared about the importance of the challenge to them.

8 Likes

You can do this too! Just donate them to a cancer center of your choice.

5 Likes

I am so sorry but I could link a pattern of a cancer symbol so I’d you want. But if it is too painful I understand.

6 Likes

Sure! It’s not part of the challenge but people can definitely make those!
A link to a pattern in Ribblr right?

@Pusheen8806

5 Likes

A huge part of why i want to participate in this challenge is because this summer we found out that my aunt has cancer (i think its stage 4) They said she only has two years left and she also has four kids (4-12) which makes it even worse. Our family has been praying for her and helping out her family as much as we can.

5 Likes

Oh no, my heart is so heavy for them! And for you!

5 Likes

Tysm! I appreciate it :heart:

4 Likes

If anyone isn’t sure about what yarn to use- I’ve found Bernat Satin to be a very good yarn choice for sensitive heads & it’s washable which is a huge plus for folks with immune suppression!

8 Likes

All of you are blessing my heart, my nursing heart, my momma heart, my granny heart, my auntie heart.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you are so strong!

6 Likes

Unfortunately I’m too swamped to make anything but what a beautiful challenge :purple_heart: already went ahead and shared their post on Instagram

6 Likes