Crochet help

Hello! If I’m ever having trouble with a pattern and lose motivation what should I do? This is happening with a ribblr free pattern (the chunky bee slippers) anyone have suggestions and motivation tips?

Thanks
A troubled crafter.

7 Likes

Sometimes for me, I leave it and go do an easy crochet pattern or a meditative one-like a blanket.
If I keep coming back and the pattern is poorly written and not making sense I’ll just abandon the project. I want and NEED my interactions with crochet/yarn to be relaxing and fun not irritating/frustrating.
When I keep getting frustrated- that’s when I lose my motivation and no project is worth losing my cro jo over.

@WolfSpark

7 Likes

I’d say start a new, short pattern that won’t take long to make so you can easily get a finished object and feel good that you completed something! I find that this often helps me since I have new motivation to get finished!

7 Likes

It all depends why you’re lacking motivation to crochet. If its because you’re finding it boring or tedious I’d agree with the others and try doing something else for a while until you get your crojo back.
If you’re lacking motivation because you’re struggling with the pattern maybe consider frogging it and coming back to it later when youre more confident in your skills.

7 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

What trouble is it your having? If you’re struggling with anything in particular I’d be happy to look and help.

5 Likes

It’s connecting some of the prices together. There’s a video but it’s fast I’ll see if I
Can find the part.

5 Likes

Is it on YouTube? You can adjust the playback speed in the settings

6 Likes

No it’s on Ribblr heres the part.

3 Likes

(Bottom one is first then top)

5 Likes

I’ll be honest I’ve not made any kind of footwear before so the pattern has me a little stumped :woman_shrugging:t2:
However, if you play the video clip, on the bottom right hand side of the video you’ll see 3 dots on top of each other. If you press that it’ll open a menu. Press playback speed and you’ll be able to slow the video down. Hope that helps :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hi love!

I’ve been in this situation countless times! The best advice I can give is to take a break and come back to the project. You don’t want burn yourself out!

Hope this helps!
Ms. Spider’s Afghans and More

5 Likes

As others have said you can slow down the video.
The wording sounds a little confusing but after reading twice I know what needs to be done. If you have your stitch markers placed, you should be able to line up and sc crochet the 2 parts together on each side.
If it is frustrating you too much, def take a wee break and come back. I’m happy to try help you at any time if you need it later. If you aren’t too frustrated, def try slowing the video to help. Visually you should have the base of the slipper flat in front of you and 2 side pieces ready to attach, one each side.

5 Likes

Thanks, ilmm my definitely try that.

5 Likes