Crochet Life-sized Animals

That’s actually kind of cool in an educational nerdy way

2 Likes

Oh Lord!

1 Like

Holy Cats & Kittens!:scream_cat: Those are some truly HUGE amigurumi ! What DO you call animals that large? They can’t still be considered amigurumi, can they giagurumi?

2 Likes

The word “amigurumi” literally translates to “crochet/ knit toy” and refers to the Japanese art of making small toys out of yarn, typically in a continuous helix, with no seams. It was supposed to be a challenge and puzzle, like origami, with careful thought and practice.
Of course, it has long since lost its meaning and purpose like everything else.
If these were real, they would be defined as sculpture.

3 Likes

They’re not real, just AI generated pictures.

Oooo-ooooh! That makes more sense! I’m not really savvy about that sort of digital stuff. Even though my son’s a graphic designer! :roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My hubby does some AI art, but it didnt Look anything like that. Fooled again!

2 Likes

Me too! I’m so easily gullible, all my life! :roll_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, the front of the walrus (I think its a walrus) looks like its missing some yarn

2 Likes

It’s to see another Vanessa on here hehe :sparkles:🩷

1 Like

wow-

1 Like

Animation News GIF
If you pay attention to the stitches, they are stretched out. There are large gaping holes in the neckline of some of them. And the background is blurry in some.

2 Likes

They may be a.i. generated but I think we can do it in our way. For them its just a computer app but us crocheters, it takes skill and lots of skeins with mesurements. Just save money and buy the skein each time and put aside. Also using a P size hook does the trick. I wish i made that dragon darn it. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s so sad that it’s so hard to tell the difference between real and AI these days. I feel like we’re losing any sense of originality in the world :sob:

If these were real though, it would be pretty amazing.

2 Likes

It would be cool yet tons of money in yarns and polyfil for these creation.

1 Like