Crochet now issue 82 CAL HELP

Currently doing the “piece of cake” crochet along by Toni Lipsey in issue 82 of the Crochet Now magazine.
Im struggling with the petal stitch square and need help figuring out how its supposed to be.

Im doing row 2 and hope i can get an affirmation im doing it right.

6 Likes

not right. How do you make the fan in row 1? Is it 2dc, ch1, 2dc?

5 Likes

It just said fan stitch and i (US terms) did 4dc in one stitch

4 Likes

It doesn’t specify the fan stitch at the beginning? I did a test run for you with 2dc, ch, 2dc. Because your picture said to do *1 ch, 1dc into 1ch-sp of next fan.

Then 1 v stitch between the fans. Like I marked on this picture.

5 Likes

One in the middle, v stitch in between. Make sense?

5 Likes

Read the beginning again to see if it says how to do the fan. Let me know if I can help more.

There seems to be a cal group for this on facebook. They could help you if you are on facebook. Piece of Cake Crochet-Along #PieceofCakeCAL | Facebook

5 Likes

I dont have fb and she doesnt specify how to do the fan stitch

5 Likes

Since it says “into 1ch-sp of next fan”, I would do “2dc, ch, 2dc” to make the fans. Then, you would work into the ch-sp for the next row.

5 Likes

Toni has a you tube channel. Perhaps she has video on this stitch? Her channel is TL Yarn Crafts.

5 Likes

Since Crochet Now magazine uses British terminology, the UK tr & dc sts translate into US dc & sc sts.

So on Row 2, a US sc goes into the 1 ch sp of the fan below and a V st goes in the space between fans.

If the pattern doesn’t define the fan, you might check the back of the magazine to see if it has a glossary of stitches. Based on the pattern photo, it appears to be a fan of 2dc-ch 1-2dc, as others have said.

4 Likes